Throttle Control Relay / Actuator

Bockaaarck

Ok guys, so just a quick question regards the throttle control relay / actuator. I have a 2003 JDM Zed which has been throwing up the old P1122 error code.

So I know that's related to the throttle and likely candidates are the throttle relay / actuator. Bearing in mind my Zed is JDM, I'm guessing I cannot replace the relay with a UK spec relay?

I assume I will have to get a JDM spec relay / actuator as there may be different 'electrical standards' (can't think of a better way of phrasing it) between JDM and UK.

Any thoughts / suggestions / advice?

Edited by Bockaaarck

Hi Alex, on occasion when I start the car, and occasionally when I'm driving. I get the ABS TCS and Slip! lights flash up and remain on. D

Doesn't seem to be any issue with the brakes / braking as that has been well checked. Doesn't appear to be an issue with the traction control either.

I have noticed when I start the car that the idle is occassionally high, but then drops. From the digging I've done on the code and the info above, throttle is probably most likely candidate.

It sounds like the issue might be the throttle control motor relay or position sensor? You'll have to forgive my lack of mechanical knowledge :(

NB: the sensor on the pedal has also been replaced and the error persisted :)

Edited by Bockaaarck