Further Adventures of a Zed Nublet (stuarts 350)

Brimstoneboy

Hey guys After GMb hinted i ought to make a build thread instead of spamming the what mod thread i thought id give it a go

So back at the begining of may i bought this little rocket

350z%20001.jpg

2003 gunmetal on coilovers with a cobra cat back exhaust and all the usual GT gubbins

well wasnt long before the old zeditus began to show and i went for some new rims this is em while im on coilovers but seeing as i live in speed bump heaven i eventually i went back to oem

IMG_15601.jpg

IMG_15591.jpg

also while i was in the spending mood the plastic on my B pillars looked a bit scuffed and naff so chris at Tarmac kindly helped feed my addiction with some pillar garnish

IMG_15611.jpg

Next Someone kindly put a wasso spacer up on the forum and my wallet couldnt open faster enough

IMG_17731_1.jpg

having to try to feed my addiction but also keep my wallet solvent and still pay the mortgage i went for a little interior mod

after a fellow zedder kindly put his nismo gear knob up for sale .

IMG_16581.jpg

Next on the agenda having already done the plenum i wanted a pop charger

IMG_17721.jpg

i know it makes less power but i think it looks better than the standard air box and hoped it would sound a bit better , To be honest it failed on that last part as all i hear is the Exhaust

• Like 1

So moving on next i decide i really would like one of the rear window louvers that Grundys making but failing getting on batch one i decide i better get on with sorting rear quarters

IMG_16271.jpg

having painted them 3 times finally got them on the car

IMG_17691.jpg

first time i burnt thru when i was flating off the second time it reacted 3rd time was the charm

Edited by Brimstoneboy
  • Like 3

So finding out batch 2 on the louvers had'nt started yet i took the money i set aside and andy on the forum provide me with a Stroesk style spoiler Boy this was a Bit of a bugger to fit , could just be i suck at fitting spoilers though

Anyways i marked up using masking tape and measured about billon times okay well 5 or 6 before i drilled thru my existing spoiler and the boot lid , this is what it looked like from inside

IMG_17681.jpg

IMG_17661.jpg

i originally wanted to put the bolt thru the top and then put the nuts on inside the boot but i really just could not get it to fit thru so ended up going up thru the boot and having the nuts on the legs

IMG_17641.jpg

not the best photo but you get the idea there M6 nylock nuts didnt want em getting loose, the bolts i bought were 50 mm and they were long for the front holes and had to be cut down to 40 mm the rear ones possibly from the way i drilled them ended up being about 60 - 70 mm not sure cos by this time the air saw had come out to chop em down.i think they where 80 mm originally we scrounged em up from my mates garage as shop had shut by this time .

Im going to get some of the nylon black m6 nut covers and hope that tidys the legs up a bit.

So the spoiler

8d2a04a1-a1b9-42ae-8a4b-28579cc7785c.jpg

IMG_17571.jpg

this is the only angle when i look at the spoiler where i wonder if i like it

IMG_17591.jpg

IMG_17601.jpg

IMG_17711.jpg

Next update will be when i fit my Spats that olly Provided and im gonna do a bumper tuck and polish the back box .

• Like 2

Glad you're finally going to give other members a chance to post in the "what mod have you done today" thread. :dry::lol:

Seriously though I'm loving the great work so far that you've done to your Zed Brimstoneboy, ...but I am surprised you haven't got a stubby aerial yet.

At this rate it will be the last mod you do. :D

Really do love those alloys of yours btw. B):thumbs:

• Like 1

i originally wanted to put the bolt thru the top and then put the nuts on inside the boot but i really just could not get it to fit thru so ended up going up thru the boot and having the nuts on the legs

IMG_17641.jpg

Glad to see you got it fitted :)

Strangely enough, I think my garage had the same issue with the same bolt (one nearer the back of the car on the left side), and did exactly what you did.

Thanks guys. :)

Well GMb i don't really like the stubbys i need to find something that appeals to me but has'nt been on priority list not that i use the radio anyways , might look good with a electric aerial :stir: or full aerial delete, lol who am i kidding my wallets only got cobwebs left in it.

What did you use to cover your nuts hodaka (Que innuendo remarks ) :lol: or have you left them Bare (Que more innuendo remarks) :lol: .

Think that's fair enough if you don't like the stubby aerials.

Definitely more important things to do but usually people end up doing the aerial as one of their first mods as it's easy & cheap to do. ;)

Aerial delete, ...now there is an interesting idea. :D

• 2 weeks later...

What did you use to cover your nuts hodaka (Que innuendo remarks ) :lol: or have you left them Bare (Que more innuendo remarks) :lol: .

This is what my nut looks like, just the one :lol:

20150912_143945_zpsgjauekhg.jpg

The guys at "Falcon Engineering" (R35Lee) who fitted my Stroesk spoiler, mentioned that if they had followed the instructions, they would of been out. In the end they did their own measuring and alignment and got it spot out. No issues with the bolts, so my nuts are on the inside and out of site, which I personally thinks for a much neater finish...... If you have any questions give R35Lee a shout on here, his brother looks after the body shop, and did a superb job of fitting my Strosek spoiler.

Your cars is looking superb, love the side louvers...... will look nice on my black zed.

So last weekend i decide to do a wiper delete for when i got my louver so followed one of the guides on here was pretty straight forward.

3 bolts hold the wiper motor in, the wiper arm took some wiggling to get off the spline

IMG_2737.jpg

IMG_2738.jpg

then while i was at it i thought i may as well get on with a bumper tuck took like 15 mins ish , nice cheap mod

IMG_20401_1.jpg

originally i thought id go with a diffuser, i thought i could do the tuck if i didnt like it then i could sort a diffuser later Still on the fence about it .

ive got some nismo spats ( ta olly) but didnt want to fit em yet incase i decide to go with the diffuser .

Edited by Brimstoneboy
  • Like 1

So met up with Dan sunday morning (mr chow ) and he sorted me his louver as he's sold his motor (sad times)

IMG_20381.jpg

IMG_20411.jpg

top edge passanger side didnt quite seat well with the tiger seal so bunged some more on after i took these photos and its sat with weight on in the garage now

and finally got my bolt caps turn up for the spoiler to tidy it up a bit

IMG_20431.jpg

ive just got the nismo gear knob off at the mo giving it a repolish starting with 1500 ,2000,2500,3000 then some meguires metal polish to finish had some sort of blemishing starting on the top when i first got it il sort some pics when im done

Edited by Brimstoneboy
  • Like 4