AVOID Custom Lights " Pedro "

MikeyM

DO NOT USE CUSTOM LIGHTS in UK.. PEDRO GOIS

Having spent several hundred quid on carbon dipping, RGB lighting ( which works  ) I also had led side strips and led sequential indicators fitted..

This is the 2nd time Pedro has had my lights after they failed to work the first time and just ONE WEEK later.. they have failed yet again. Yes I could contact Pedro from Custom LIGHTING but this little prick has blocked me from his Facebook page, is not answering calls or messages now.

So, spread the word people, don't let others get ripped off and then ignored !

Edited by MikeyM

Why has he blocked you? Could it possibly be because you've been more than a little abrupt with him? ;)

Not acceptable quality, I agree 100%, but then neither is being quite so sweary. So go on, honestly, were you polite with him right up until he blocked you, or did the odd Anglo-Saxonism slip in?

Again, before anyone says I'm defending Pedro, I'm really not: This should most certainly NOT be happening. Juggalo is spot-on.

Why has he blocked you? Could it possibly be because you've been more than a little abrupt with him? ;)

Not acceptable quality, I agree 100%, but then neither is being quite so sweary. So go on, honestly, were you polite with him right up until he blocked you, or did the odd Anglo-Saxonism slip in?

Again, before anyone says I'm defending Pedro, I'm really not: This should most certainly NOT be happening. Juggalo is spot-on.

Actually you could not be further from the truth. He in fact got very defensive and abrupt with me on the first occasion I got the lights back and had an issue. I then got messed about regards getting them sorted and he made ME cover the costs of postage to repair HIS faulty workmanship..

And now, having gotten them back and fitted them for a 2nd time, they were fine, all worked ok..... for a week and then this.

The video, the language..no apologies for it what so ever.. I treat people the way they treat me.

If Pedro had any sense, yes, he would refund my money and end the matter, but I somehow doubt he has the good sense to do that and will force it into court which will cost him a dam sight more at the end of the day with costs, expenses etc etc not to mention the work he will lose from the publicity 😒

Bad times. How much have you paid out so far for all this if you dont mind me asking?

So far I am £500 out of pocket between initial work, postage, insurance etc ..TWICE !

I will just recover the money in court and obviously add costs, expenses etc etc Not forgetting my car has been off the road with no lights for almost 2 months as a result, hence why I ended up missing a few events I had booked and paid to attend with the club 😦

Edited by MikeyM

You know you can't claim for the costs of missing those events, right? Unless included in the original contract of course, which I'm guessing it wasn't.

I know you've not said you are going to, more a heads up in case you weren't aware :)

You know you can't claim for the costs of missing those events, right? Unless included in the original contract of course, which I'm guessing it wasn't.

I know you've not said you are going to, more a heads up in case you weren't aware :)

My best friend is a Barrister and is having a collegue of hers sort everything out for me and making sure I get as much back as possible from the little @*!#.

I can assure everyone one fact, he has lost more work than he has cost me just from making the video clip public and word has spread ..and what's even better is, legally, he can do nothing about it either

• Like 1

Hi. Just thought I'd add my 2 cents. I have simalir if not the same led strip. I got condensation in my lens which trickled down to the edge where the leds sit and it caused something like this - not quite as bad but still some leds didn't respond. Once the headlight was dried out it worked fine again.

Maybe worth checking Incase it can be easily fixed

Good luck either way

Paul

• Like 1

Like P15ULT said worth a check, A friend of mine had the 4 halos fitted into his bmw lights and during the winter he had problems with condensation and cold air getting in.

Some mornings he came into work and it looked like a disco coming down the road because the cold air fcuked them up funny tho!

• Like 1

Funnily enough this Pedro Gois character turned up on my FB newsfeed today. There's a member on here (and on my friend list) who's recently had some work done and is totally singing his praises on the 'Book and put up pics this morning of his work on his award winning zed.

I don't know the dude's forum name and feel it's a bit harsh to put his real name on here (especially as I don't know the guy) but can PM details over if you think it would be beneficial to talk with him? :)

Hope you get it sorted!

S.

Edited by Squee

Moral of the story? Don't split your headlights open.

Saw people do this on the ST forums. They'd split them open to remove the yellow indicator lenses, and spray the internals black.

..then many would come back back asking why their lights were full of condensation, or their bulbs/led's flickering.

Have to wonder if you have a case. The Manufacturer recommends not to open headlights up. Did he have a limited liability clause "I'll open them, but it's on you if it goes Pete Tong."?

I tell users this everytime I repair their iphone. Yes I'll open it and attempt a repair, but if i make it worse, that's on you...you happy with that?"

Did you know if he's a qualified Nissan technician? No? So you accepted the risk?

Case dismissed.

maybe

Edited by Juggalo

Moral of the story? Don't split your headlights open.

Saw people do this on the ST forums. They'd split them open to remove the yellow indicator lenses, and spray the internals black.

..then many would come back back asking why their lights were full of condensation, or their bulbs/led's flickering.

Have to wonder if you have a case. The Manufacturer recommends not to open headlights up. Did he have a limited liability clause "I'll open them, but it's on you if it goes Pete Tong."?

I tell users this everytime I repair their iphone. Yes I'll open it and attempt a repair, but if i make it worse, that's on you...you happy with that?"

Did you know if he's a qualified Nissan technician? No? So you accepted the risk?

Case dismissed.

maybe

The point is he paid for works done, the work isn't up to standard and the party isn't willing and/or able to fix it, therefore he is entitled to his money back.