Sealants

mctwistuk

Top up or lay down protection?

A decent base largely negates the need to top up. That said if you do like to top up regularly it'll depend on what the base is as to what will work best.

Also, preference on spray, paste or liquid sealant? Budget? What's yiur priority when it comes to LSP? What's your ultimate aim, looks or durability?

I've git a thread on here with a lot of head to head comparisons between a number of sealants, many of which can be used as a top up product too, so check that out if you've got some spare time. :thumbs:

I'm liking Soft99 waxes at the sec, there's a YouTube video if one being tested and it showing very good

I have been using fusso on my Scoob and gives a good protection that lasts a while but I like to keep topping up every couple of weeks with something like project32

In that case, diluted spray sealants like GTechniq C2v3, Gyeon Cure, CarPro Reload or even the sealant marketed ad a detailer in Sonax BSD will all be infinitely better than Project 32. GTechniq now even sell C2v3 pre-diluted as a QD (in case you like paying for water...).

That said, personally I find it hard to look past Gyeon Wetcoat or CarPro HydrO2 for touchless top ups - why spend the time and effort applying then buffing a product when you can literally spray on, rinse off and go?! Or better still Gyeon Bathe+, which adds protection whilst you're washing. These both have the advantage that they're not fussy about what they bond too (unlike the aforementioned spray sealants), they'll last a damn sight longer than a QD and they both add noticeable gloss with absolute minimal effort and risk of marring.

• Like 1

BSD applied after final rinse, but before towelling dry, cuts down aforementioned grabbiness and is only a very minor adjustment to your wash. It's not even a seperate stage.

As per ilogikal1 (as usual!) WetCoat is an absolute doddle (if you have a pressure washer).

I did my 370z with Carpro Reflect and then reload the latter is a pain in the A to use but once you get the hang of it it does leave a really good finish.

I find it a lot more user friendly if you dilute it 1:1 with deionised water. It's still not my favourite thing to use but it does it make it easier to get a good finish (and makes it more economical too). It's worth mixing a bit up and trying it yourself to see how you get along with it.

... after ilogikal1's recommendations really liking the results ������

As per ilogikal1 (as usual!) WetCoat is an absolute doddle (if you have a pressure washer).

Do I look smug? I feel smug.

:lol:

Unbearable smugness is one of the criteria for getting Warning Points you know ;)

• Like 1