Torque App (Add Your Details)

ginner

Thought it would be a good idea to get all the info on the above in one place, partly because im not having much joy running it myself to the extent I want, but cant find many answers on whether what I want is possible!

Might not be of massive interest, but it does seem a few people use it, and the same queries about it pop up quite a lot over quite a few forums.

So if people could put down:

Car Model and Engine:

OBD Adaptor Model:

Device the app is running on:

Gauges used on the app successfully (screen shot would be good):

Hints or Tips:

Hopefully this way we can get a decent pool of knowledge together!

Having installed an AppRadio in my car, I wanted to give this a go for fun. :)

I never got mine to work though, but I'm sure it's down to the cheap Chinese knock off adapter I bought. It never successfully connected to the Torque app. I Googled at the time, and I think people said that the knock offs were very hit and miss, which is to be expected. I never pursued it though as I also read that they can fry your ECU or something (no idea about validity), plus I didn't want to invest in a proper adapter at the time.

Will look into it again in the future, but right now I have other things I want to work on + I use my AppRadio for GPS anyway so not a biggie.

I'm very prone to rambling, but in short what I'm trying to say is be wary of the cheap adapters. I bought mine from a seller on eBay called "goodshopaa2010".

p.jpg

Hopefully of some use to people who are just starting to look into setting up Torque.

Car - 2004 DE

OBD adapter - eBay special

Phone - LG G3

Edited by Hodaka

Car Model and Engine: 2004 DE

OBD Adaptor Model: Vgate iCar 3

Device the app is running on: Samsung Tablet SM-T230

Gauges used on the app successfully (screen shot would be good): The normal coolant temp, inlet temp vacuum that are all work out the box

Hints or Tips: Oil temp isnt supported by the ECU

car model:- 2004 DE

OBD11 Adapter:- ieGeek wifi obd11

used on:- Samsung Galaxy S5

Usable gauges:- Throttle Position,

MPG (instant) & (long term),

Volts,

Coolant temp,

MAF,

Accel X, Accel Y, Accel Z, Accel G

O2volts bank1 sensors 1 to 4,

O2 volts bank 2 sensors 1 to 4,

O2 sensor 1 equivalence ratio,

Engine load,

Engine RPM,

Fuel trim bank 1 sensors 1 to 4,

Fuel trim bank 2 sensors 1 to 4,

There are also a few parameters that are not covered (some have to be purchased & used with the Torque Pro app) such as 0-60mph time, 60-0mph time, Ambient air temp, barometric pressure (from vehicle), GPS accuracy, GPS altitude, GPS bearing, GPS satellites, Intake air temp, Intake manifold pressure, Speed GPS, Speed OBD, Timing advance, Turbo boost & vacuum gauge.

Considering it costs next to nothing for the adapter and the Torque Lite version being free, its a pretty helpful bit of kit. I didn't realise i could get over 100mpg out of the Zed, OK it was rolling downhill in 6th but I'm defo going to get a screenshot of that.

This just goes to show how hit and miss these OBD2 adapters are. A couple of months I updated my phone to a Galaxy S7  and uploaded Torque Pro. I spent the best part of £20 on an OBD2 adaptor and the thing didn't work. Neither did the replacement they sent, so I spent £3 on a cheapie, it arrived yesterday and connected with no problems at all so I'm enjoying getting to know what the Pro will do that the Lite didn't.

Edited by samsniss350z
update

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2017 at 04:56, SpeedyZee said:

Apologies for bumping an old thread but can you keep a Bluetooth Adaptor plugged in all the time ?

Just wondering if the OBD port is live all the time (rather than just with ignition).

Yeah you can leave it in all the time. I have a OBD2 splitter so I have my bluetooth reader on it and the D1 controller as well. My D1 turns off with the car being turned off so figure the power must be off :D

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

05 DE Torque Pro on Android 11 GPS  headunit ( Podofo ) Racingmeter add on or Torque displayed on 10.1 Samsung Android 11 Racing meter alegedly not suitable for Android 11 But if you hunt you can download it to V 11. Adaptor ELM327 WIFI Ebay £10 (Proscan) Previously V Gate Bluetooth. WIFI far more dependable and more responsive than Bluetooth.. WIFI Will run either head unit connection or tablet NOT BOTH. Tablet Velcro'd to cubby door. Ugly white USB pictured now changed for black braided anodised alloy right angle USB C plug .Tablet teathered to head unit through 4 way hub

2R0A9502.JPG

NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED THERE Tried to edit text TEXT VANISHED leaving pic. 05 DE Torque Pro on Podofo GPS head unit and Samsung tablet. Racingmeter add on on tablet only. Tablet Velcro'd to cubby door USB now black braided right angle plug lead runs behind dash to hidden 4 way USB hub teathered to head unit . ELM327 WIFI £10 Ebay Proscan WIFI faster and more dependable than Bluetooth. WIFI will connect to HU or tablet NOT BOTH at same time.

Edited by Laurence C