What is wrong with drivers??

350Z paradise

Hi guys

Let me start by saying i own an urgent same day delivery company,and spend a lot of time on the road.

I'm an old git at 50 years & consider myself a competent driver,& an all round nice character..missus might say different!!

Anyway today i was delivering a diabetic kit to a client in Cambridgeshire from Evesham. Travelling on the M6 between Rugby & A14 i was sat in the middle lane (NO i'm not a hogger)..HGV's all in left lane,busy in outside lane..in my 370z doing 75mph,in my rear view i could see a Fiat Doblo van wrapped in dark grey vinyl,weaving in & out the lanes....eventually he reached me on nearside between 2 HGV's & then pulled in front of me,braking like a c**t..i thought that was the end of my Z & me !!

After i"d calmed down pulled into outside lane & by chance the traffic all began to slow down & guess who was next to me??...

The driver who was an angry vest wearing tramp looked at me & shouted "what..what got a problem??..pull off at slip road in your piece o @*!# car"..to which i did,..i"m old ..but no pussy...he pulled in front on slip road & as i got out he shot off..w***er !!

I passed them again briefly & got more abuse ..this time from the female??..man she was a beast....Then carried on my trip enjoying my gorgeous 370z.

LOOK OUT GUYS/GALS FOR...FIAT DOBLO VAN..MATT GREY WRAPPED..2 VERY UGLY OCCUPANTS.....I"VE GOT REGISTRATION..BUT AS I"M A GENT..I WON"T POST ITDSC_0655_zpss642wpis.jpg

• Like 1

It's amazing how incidents like this can leave us boiling even days after the event.

A similar events happened to me over 10 years ago.

We both pulled over into a blockbuster car park.

We both got out and the other driver stood in front of me, arms back, chin up egging me to try to land one on him.

Unfortunately or probably fortunately my boss had given me strict warnings that any unsavoury behavior even outside work that may get reported would end in my career finished.

So I backed down despite being almost handed a guaranteed KO on a plate.

And I FELT LIKE A RIGHT KN@B.

So I now just take a deep breath and say WOOOSAAAA :lol:

• Like 3

i always believe that anyone who drives like that and has an attitude like that while driving will have an accident sooner or later. They'll get what's coming to them.

There are, or i should say were, a couple of young lads full of vinegar and p1ss round my way like that. Drifting round corners in there E36 Bmws,cutting people up and generally driving like knobs. It took a couple of months for plod to collar them. Haven't seen them on the road since.

• Like 1

Easier said than done, but never rise to it. You may well be bigger than him, but that's not going to help if he pulls out a blade or a gun.

But yeah, some people are proper nobbers. :(

Important safety tip :thumbs:

Must remember to do Gun Mod :lol:

• Like 1

Very nice Zed dude B)

My reaction to road-rage/racers/morons in general is to pull over to the hard shoulder/road side, and let the problem drive off into the distance. Let someone else deal with him/her

EDIT:

I had an experience in Manchester about 3 years ago, in the middle of the night. I came across this insanely complex roundabout, and I made a right pigs ear of navigating it. Luckily only one guy was around, and unfortunately I cut him up driving right across multiple lanes.

He pulled up alongside fuming and raging.

I apologised, said totally my fault, but I'm totally lost and this roundabout is insane.

He totally calmed down, agreed, got out, came over and drew me some directions to Bury lol :lol:

Edited by Juggalo
  • Like 2