ECU Pinouts

Guest prescience

• 3 weeks later...
Guest prescience

I have just received the following confirmation from Charles (phunk) on my 350z.

The file you sent me is definitely correct for the Z you are concerned about, all major components and circuits were on the same pins as the pinout on my website. I will be cross-referencing the pinout with a USDM 2004 and if its still all the same then I will update the page to confirm its accurate for 03-04 , and I have the 05 manuals now so I can go thru those

So we can use that information above as posted :D

oooooo sounds good then.... UTEC hasn't answered me yet btw :dry:

I am in correspondence with them directly - I'll let you know on here when I get a reply.

well I am too, once they answer me :bleh:

PS would have helped if you mentioned it, saving me writing the email.... ;)

Guest prescience

Great result Jermaine. :teeth:

Do you have pre-tuned maps for Vortech S/C? Any plans to get tuners here in the UK up to speed with the unit?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Just a quick note of thanks to this forum and the contributors who set me right.

My 05 350Z has performed pretty much like a dream with only a few minor hickups fromk new; however most recently last Friday 13th, I came home as usual from work, parked up on the drive, but Saturday morning I suffered a non starting car... Turned over, a dream, and petrol pump primed a ok, bit no ignition. Cranked over strong but no spark... definitely fuel in the system and getting into the pots etc as I could smell the un burnt petrol at the tail pipes....

Spent Saturday and all day today scratching my head and wondering how I could get my car to my dealership, who I have to commend as being excellent... not sure if I can advertise here, but suffice to say they have never failed me.

So being an old school mechanic (hobbyist) I knew I was not in a position to tinker... so found this site and second message I read completely described my plight.

I selected my alternate key just in case the main had a tired battery which I think may have been contributory, and the Z fired up after a couple of attempts, a bit lumpy, but better than the last efforts over the weekend... then with the tell tale dash lights illuminated I followed the ECU reset process ... and all came good. :D

I hope I can help others in the same way I was helped today... thank you to "Z Veteran" whose content directly resulted in a win... Much appreciated sir.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Not sure if this is what you're after but........

go here http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/350Z/

Select your model of Z and select EC.pdf and in the index look for "ECM Harness Connector Terminal Layout"  (DE page Pg94-95 and HR Pg103) This will give you a full list of all 120+ pins location and function

Ps download the lot for your car.........such a useful thing to have

8 hours ago, 350Butcher said:

Select your model of Z and select EC.pdf and in the index look for "ECM Harness Connector Terminal Layout"  (DE page Pg94-95 and HR Pg103) This will give you a full list of all 120+ pins location and function

Perfect! I was looking at this last night but was looking at BCS instead of EC.

Thanks for the guidance, i've now downloaded the whole service manual.

• 1 year later...
On 02/04/2018 at 08:28, 350Butcher said:

One thing thou these are US car's.

The DE car  specs between UK-US and JDM are all a little different

Mainly O2 sensors

All The UK DE (276bhp) have wide-band lambda's

Early US and Early JDM cars have a different wide band sensor think is was 2005 be fore the JDM/US cars went fully wideband

But there are differences in the wiring between the cars dependant where they where built fo.