Police encounter :(

Kharmon

Odds are that if only one car spun up when going round that roundabout, it ain't going to be a diesel spill ;):lol:

It's worth bearing in mind though that most people tend to drive at around walking pace round anything even approaching a corner (as do lots of people in here judging by a few of the posts on this thread :lol: )

I lost the rear end in 20mph turning on to a main road. Was in no way speed and was applying gentle throttle in 2nd gear. it was just after a heavy rainshower and it hadn't rained in a few days. Caught me by surprise. and of course there was a police traffic corp car parked at the lights and saw the entire thing :lol: They pulled up alongside me - I sort of put the hand up saying apologies- they both laughed - then sped off. I was lucky that day.

Odds are that if only one car spun up when going round that roundabout, it ain't going to be a diesel spill ;):lol:

TBF we dont know if anyone else lost it there, only that one guy was unlucky enough to be caught by John Law. My bimmer went sideways on me coming out of a motorway services the other day when I was totally off throttle at about 20mph, it threw me for a second as expected the TC to kick in but then realised that TC doesnt work when youre not on the loud pedal :lol:

Id imagine the OP is being genuine as its a little difficult to argue "accident" when youve flicked it onto the lockstops and done a full circuit with smoke pouring from your tyres, which of course is the only way a 350 should be driven. If youre gonna go, then go big :lol:

Edited by docwra
  • Like 3

I lost the rear end in 20mph turning on to a main road. Was in no way speed and was applying gentle throttle in 2nd gear. it was just after a heavy rainshower and it hadn't rained in a few days. Caught me by surprise. and of course there was a police traffic corp car parked at the lights and saw the entire thing :lol: They pulled up alongside me - I sort of put the hand up saying apologies- they both laughed - then sped off. I was lucky that day.

Same happened to me the other day, touch of opposite lock and no probs, the Zed's just so easy to control. The cops were laughing as they saw it all and knew it had caught me by surprise but I'd corrected it immediately turning it into a mini-drift. :lol::teeth:

• Like 1

Well the cars in good order new mpss on and i wasnt racing around which is why i think their was oil or diesel on the floor . iv had the car on the track a few times a year so i like to think i sort of know when im going to quick . i had the ecutek traction controlon which does allow for a little slip in comparison to the basic one. Likeyou say though carnt really prove anythink so just have to take the punishment

I am partial to the occasional drifting, but never on public roads. But it has happened that the Zed has surprised me on a few occasions when least expected. Over here at least, the condition of the tarmac on the roads varies from area to area. There is one roundabout near my parents place where even my dad has got his Mercedes CLS' back end to step out on him... and he drives like a sloth relatively! This roundabout, I have had the back end kick out when doing 20mph or less.

In another area, there is some sort of spill on the road because I was travelling down a B road at 90kph (55mph) on a straight road... and all of a sudden the back end swings round violently and had to act quickly to avoid binning it into a field.

• Like 1

Its always worth putting in a letter to the local Constabulary claiming that pursuing the prosecution is not in the public interest - and this was a genuine misunderstanding. If you have a clean license, no accident history you could might get lucky - its the price of a stamp after all

• Like 2

Brand spanking new MPSS??? like less than 100 miles new

They was 2 days old with about 30miles on when it happend lol

May have still had some release agent on the rubber from when the tyres were made? I typically drive the first 50miles or so gently on new tyres to scrub them in. Could well be a myth, but better safe than sorry.

It absolutely isn't a myth. I spun mine up really badly when pulling away from the garage when I had my rear tyres replaced. I looked like a right d!ck and it was totally unintentional. (Although my friends and people who know me would say I looked like a d!ck regardless of how I am driving). :)

• Like 2

yea my mpss were greasy for first 100 miles, if you have a invoice with the date maybe you use that to say there were fresh and not worn in yet as such

although they might well say you knew the tyres were new you should have driven more carefully and still hold you at fault

Besides, if the car slides and you catch it, I'm not sure how that demonstrates driving without due care and attention. You can't catch a slide if you're not paying attention! I gave up on sensible policing of motorists a long time ago though :(

It does seem silly, but like a bad refereeing decision, it's unlikely to be reversed. You surely should be getting 3 points every time you drive into someone or something as that is also driving without due care and attention.

• Like 1