Police encounter :(

Kharmon

So i got pulled yesterday 😳 i was driving around a roundabout well under the speed limit and all of a sudden lost the rear end but pulled it back no problem . I wasnt trying to go fast or even drift as i told the office i put it down to something been slippy on the road surface . he didnt buy it and charged me for driving without due care for others £100 fine and 3 points. I would like to challenge this in court as i really wasnt driving badly and he was about 3 cars back by himself and i arnt sure wever he got footage of it or not neither was he . where do i stand ?

Fair enough thanks for the advice guys hopefully i should be able to do a course he mentioned and avoid the points.

If there is a chance that you'll get the driver improvement course then that'll be much better for you.

Fingers crossed they offer it to you. :thumbs:

When you say "well under the speed limit" If for example it's a 50mph road you still shouldn't be entering the roundabout at that speed.

Not trying to be condescending but have you considered you were going a little to fast?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Definitely going too fast if he lost the rear end.

Ironically the fact you controlled it went against you: If you'd lost it completely, it would've looked like a mistake rather than doing it on purpose. What does the FPN actually say?

• Like 1

As others have said above, not sure how you lose the backend at "well under the speed limit" as OP put it. Theres either something dangerously wrong with your car (tyres, shocks etc), something on the road (in which case others would have spun too...) or OP is telling fibs.

The 1st would be admitting your car is unroadworthy, dont do that.

The 2nd would mean there are witnesses as theirs spun too

The 3rd seems the most likely

I think its man up time and take the punishment in all honesty.

quite a lot... slippy diff would sense the lack of traction, and send power to the wheel which isn't slipping. which if that tyre is already busy cornering, it may well break traction as well. not to mention most cars don't like having their cornering grip suddenly cut in half on one axle, possibly more than half if the diesel hits a weighted up outside tyre.

had a few nasty experiences running over liquids, was doing a trackday not that long ago and the car in front dropped oil... cue quite a squeaky bum moment as my car and the two cars following me understeered straight off the track. Luckily there was run off available and we managed to fan out and not hit each other!

• Like 2

quite a lot... slippy diff would sense the lack of traction, and send power to the wheel which isn't slipping. which if that tyre is already busy cornering, it may well break traction as well. not to mention most cars don't like having their cornering grip suddenly cut in half on one axle, possibly more than half if the diesel hits a weighted up outside tyre.

had a few nasty experiences running over liquids, was doing a trackday not that long ago and the car in front dropped oil... cue quite a squeaky bum moment as my car and the two cars following me under steered straight off the track. Luckily there was run off available and we managed to fan out and not hit each other!

you dont drive on the street like you do on a track day though, if your coming off a roundabout flat out and with enough aggression that it can slide the car they probably had a fair reason to look at driving without due care and attention