New car time!

samu23

Hi All

I will be frequenting the forum much less often now as I have new toy in my life.

Having owned my DE Zed for 4.5 years it was time to move on to something new and overall I think it has taken me nearly 18 months to decide what I want!

The decision was this:

022D1B4C-4045-4B76-BB0F-8AC33B2152AA.jpg

I havent had a chance to get any decent pictures yet but first impressions are that it is epic, and thirsty!!

This forum has been great over the past few years helping me spend all my money on mods but save money on easy fixes and how-to's so thanks alot.

Will still keep an eye out on the forum, just much less often. Although the MB forum looks nowhere near as good for members and content B)

Cheers,

Sam

• Like 4

2012 C63 Coupe with optional performance pack plus which adds a couple of niceties:

- Increase of 30hp over the standard model to 487

- Carbon fibre rear spoiler

- Red brake calipers with composite front brakes

Only had it a week so haven't really 'pushed on' yet but all that power through the rear wheels certainly makes it exciting. The 6.2 litre N/A V8 sounds amazing as standard, just got to try and avoid modding this one!

It's my first automatic (these only come in auto) which I'm still adapting too but the driving experience is much more refined than the Zed, which is to be expected given the price.

• Like 1

Good news is you are moving from a relatively tail happy RWD to another so your experience with the ZED will pay dividends, but from what I hear the '63's are even more lively than the Zeds in the wet...... Hoping to test one tomorrow ;)

But in the wet is where the '45 really scores and just enjoyed a drive home on familiar roads that were wet/damp where the 4matic makes it so planted - great fun though :D

And yes, all the AMGs are autos (there is the manual option using the paddles that is not interrupted by the software other than the rev limiter) and the engines are hand built and after some 12k miles covered it seems Florian has done a good job :thumbs::lol:

d8f835f0-3908-485b-9aa0-4e09f32b4a84_zps623b6092.jpg

Love it great choice of car and colour :)

Mate in work got a loan of his mates for a month he averaged 12mpg wile doing his drive from work and back basically had to fill up every second day haha but so worth it and that noise (got a cheeky go too) Also all carbon extras were added looked perfect shame he said the wing mirrors were £1200 a piece not sure if he was lying but could believe that.

Nice car! i I assume no LSD on your car? Bit silly ,but AMG should put it on every 63! PP up to 2010 comes with LSD as a standard.But hey...if you really need out you can Install Quaife LSD ! Do secondary cat delete to bring even more exhaust sound!!

Enjoy it!

WELL JEL!

You decided on what your getting yet Kris ??

The XKR is looking to be the winner mate, she likes it and has bought into the idea now :lol:

Just hoping the winter months take a good chunk into their prices. Wouldn't mind a C63 like the OPs but the cheapest I saw was still north of £23K!

• Like 1