MOT fail - Passenger side headlight assembly needed.

rich9001

Hi there,

You guessed it, its MOT time and it failed, surprisingly though, it was the headlight beam pattern which was the problem!

The passenger side beam isn't giving off the right pattern, apparently it looks like a non-uk assembly has been put in the passenger side. So i'm hunting for a UK spec passenger side headlight assembly.

From previous posts someone else has been pointed in the direction of Zamanalex and Emperor tuning, but not sure they have any.

Any and all help appreciated!

Thanks.

Edited by rich9001

Strange, that headlight was on the last couple of years when the MOT was done and no mention of it then.

The passenger side is a replacement as the old one was scratched before I got it and letting in water which caused it to fail.

Strange, that headlight was on the last couple of years when the MOT was done and no mention of it then.

The passenger side is a replacement as the old one was scratched before I got it and letting in water which caused it to fail.

Hi Tom! I know, that's what I thought, seems strange that its all of a sudden wrong. Andy (Atkin's in Malton), said that it could be possible that it's a non-uk part which is why it isn't giving off the right pattern. I know its asking alot but I don't suppose you know where you got it from? There may be a receipt in the folder (its at home and i'm at work so i can't check), don't worry if you can't remember, i'll be having a look when I get home.

Got it from eBay a couple of years ago, I bought a pair and sold the other one on here to someone that had had a smash. I can't see the description as the listing is over 90 days old unfortunately.

Finally been able to get out and have a look myself, you can see the pattern is the wrong way round. The cut off for the passenger side is slanted the the left, it should be the other way around. I've also attached an example.

Also, still on the look out for a new headlight, Lee doesn't want to answer his phone :bang:

post-27512-0-41476000-1471725484_thumb.jpg

post-27512-0-08783300-1471725571_thumb.jpg