Insurance Quotes ouch!!

MBish91

I couldn't get insurance at a good price when I first got my zed, some wouldn't even give me a price because I hadn't owned a rear wheel drive car before.

Swiftcover was good I found though and not a bad price from what I remember, you can do it all online and change bits as and when you need to. They do not insure many modifications if any though.

I'm now with Adrian flux again and can add as many mods as you want =]

It clearly does depend on Postcode because some of the prices you guys are being quoted are much higher than what I've been quoted.

25 - driving for 8 years with 6 years ncb - no points/claims - KT postcode and it's coming up as £550ish for the year...

• 2 weeks later...

It clearly does depend on Postcode because some of the prices you guys are being quoted are much higher than what I've been quoted.

25 - driving for 8 years with 6 years ncb - no points/claims - KT postcode and it's coming up as £550ish for the year...

I think that's true, I live in the BB postcode area - one of the top cash for crash areas in the UK.

Admiral renewal quote is: £823 - with 15+ years ncb - no points/claims and I'm double the age of most posters in this topic! :wacko:

I changed over to multi car policy with Admiral a year ago as my son had just passed his test and got a car and some of the quotes he was getting where stupid, On their multi car policy managed to get him insured for 750 fully comp for the first year and it just came down to £550 and I pay less than £200 for the Z & £220 for our 64 plate Quashqai :) DL postcode

Edited by AndyG8nby

I changed over to multi car policy with Admiral a year ago as my son had just passed his test and got a car and some of the quotes he was getting where stupid, On their multi car policy managed to get him insured for 750 fully comp for the first year and it just came down to £550 and I pay less than £200 for the Z & £220 for our 64 plate Quashqai :) DL postcode

Jesus! Less than £200 for the zed haha

How does the multi car policy work? If one person on the policy has an accident does everyone lose their no claims bonus?

How does the multi car policy work? If one person on the policy has an accident does everyone lose their no claims bonus?

It's still 3 separate insurance policy's just all under admiral, One in my sons name for his car us as named drivers, One in my name for the Z with the wife as a named driver, and the Wife has got the Quashqai with me as the named driver.

It's still 3 separate insurance policy's just all under admiral, One in my sons name for his car us as named drivers, One in my name for the Z with the wife as a named driver, and the Wife has got the Quashqai with me as the named driver.

Oh is that all? I thought everyone was interlinked etc etc - might have to get onto the multi car policy!

Various comparison sites and calling around i found both Adrian Flux and Keith Michaels to be cheapest for me.

32yrs old, home owner, used for work, own another vehicle, 11yrs ncb, £300 excess, Birmingham post code, all mods listed.