Fast road/Track 350z 3.7ltr HR built

350Butcher

Looked really smooth, I see what you mean with no so many cars on the dedicated days. Made it look easy!

Thanks! To be honest that was our clearest lap by some margin but it was only our 2nd lap of the day and I think the race cars were still being warmed up!

Just nice you can just drive your line and enjoy the place more without worrying about bikes etc. For example the DN day ran super smooth all day with only 3 short red flags to recover cars that had broken down. The day ended at 5 the circuit reopened for the Tourist session and withing 20mins it was red flagged with a totalled E90 M3 and the occupants off in an ambulance!!

Good video Butcher and looks like so much fun. ;)

What sort of speeds did you see on track then? Just curious as at one point you said that one of the straights you saw as fast as the main straight.

Cheers, was a great day.

The main straight is just over 140mph as its quite uphill and although I tried thats as quick as it wanted to go, but from Flugplatz that section is quite down hill so you get to just under that, 135mphish (obviously not really looking at the speedo too much while going round) there but then theres a few 120mph corners in there too so its a very fast circuit and there's definitely more time I could've taken off round there too but its not a 10/10ths place when you've got to drive home the next day, its best to give it 8-9 and just enjoy yourself, I already can't wait to go next year!

• Like 3

Good video Butcher and looks like so much fun. ;)

What sort of speeds did you see on track then? Just curious as at one point you said that one of the straights you saw as fast as the main straight.

Cheers, was a great day.

The main straight is just over 140mph as its quite uphill and although I tried thats as quick as it wanted to go, but from Flugplatz that section is quite down hill so you get to just under that, 135mphish (obviously not really looking at the speedo too much while going round) there but then theres a few 120mph corners in there too so its a very fast circuit and there's definitely more time I could've taken off round there too but its not a 10/10ths place when you've got to drive home the next day, its best to give it 8-9 and just enjoy yourself, I already can't wait to go next year!

You'll have to let me know when you're going I'm going to try get out there 3/4 times next year

Be great to get a group together to go over. Don't think I can afford 3/4 visits but I'll keep you posted which date we book up in 2017. Depending on what I get up to over the winter it might be a bit faster for next time too

Here's another vid. Not the clearest run as it starts just after a yellow flag which bunches everyone up but the middle section is a pretty good run

Edited by 350Butcher

I'm actually enjoing a glass of Bitburger at the Nurburg's Motorsport Hotel now :) Tomorrow 10am-7pm and hopefully the weather will be fine. Can't wait to drive here in my Zed for the first time ever. The car feels so much better in a bucket seat with a harness. But I've only put them on yesterday so it'll be a bit of a test tomorrow - sure, why not test it on the scariest track in the world! lol

Edited by GodISmE
  • Like 2

I'm actually enjoing a glass of Bitburger at the Nurburg's Motorsport Hotel now :) Tomorrow 10am-7pm and hopefully the weather will be fine. Can't wait to drive here in my Zed for the first time ever. The car feels so much better in a bucket seat with a harness. But I've only put them on yesterday so it'll be a bit of a test tomorrow - sure, why not test it on the scariest track in the world! lol

Hope the weather held out and you had a great time on track today? It is so much more awesome than anyone can tell you isn't it?

I really enjoyed driving with my new seats in, was so nice to not have my knees jammed in the door n dash to stay in front of the steering wheel!!

It rained for half a day but then it cleared up. Here's my last lap - it was a lot of fun becasue this was the last 15 minutes of the day's session after the track had been closed for like an hour. Cold tires, lots of blocking but still my favourite lap of the day!

• Like 1

It rained for half a day but then it cleared up. Here's my last lap - it was a lot of fun becasue this was the last 15 minutes of the day's session after the track had been closed for like an hour. Cold tires, lots of blocking but still my favourite lap of the day!

You weren't hanging around! Does your car have forced induction?

That's good going for your first visit. I take it you've got the bug and it'll be an annual event from now on? What camera you using? I either captures a lot more sound than mine or your car is a lot louder than mine!

Tyres don't stay cold for long on the 'ring mate but any traffic is annoying. Would've been good to get a 100% clear run just to set a lap time. My clearest run (from my first vid) was sadly the 2nd lap of the day but at 9min30sec (9min ish BTG) I was happy but then I got a lot faster but never on such a clear lap and just lifting and moving off line for a few fast boys all adds up. I recon with all my best sectors stitched together there was a sub 9min lap to be had.

All my vids are on youtube channel butcher350 if people are interested

That's good going for your first visit. I take it you've got the bug and it'll be an annual event from now on? What camera you using? I either captures a lot more sound than mine or your car is a lot louder than mine!

Tyres don't stay cold for long on the 'ring mate but any traffic is annoying. Would've been good to get a 100% clear run just to set a lap time. My clearest run (from my first vid) was sadly the 2nd lap of the day but at 9min30sec (9min ish BTG) I was happy but then I got a lot faster but never on such a clear lap and just lifting and moving off line for a few fast boys all adds up. I recon with all my best sectors stitched together there was a sub 9min lap to be had.

My car has stock engine and exhaust. I'm using GoPro Silver 3+ (open back plastic case). The tires are hard compound semislicks and work best when really warmed up after one lap. I'll be attacking 8:30 BTG next year! :) I just need to dial out corner entry oversteer - the back wants to step out too much, especially in left hand corners.

Edited by GodISmE

My car has stock engine and exhaust. I'm using GoPro Silver 3+ (open back plastic case). The tires are hard compound semislicks and work best when really warmed up after one lap. I'll be attacking 8:30 BTG next year! :) I just need to dial out corner entry oversteer - the back wants to step out too much, especially in left hand corners.

On semi slicks (888's, AO48's etc) I'd say that time is very doable. It doesn't look from your vid that you pull the VDC fuse to stop traction control or ABS cutting in? If not that's well worth doing on track. I'd say its either too hard rear springs or tyre temps getting too high given the oversteer?

Edited by 350Butcher

• 3 months later...

Yeah I'm a bit concerned about what effect they're gonna have on volume. At the moment I have no trouble on trackdays with art pipes, xyz y pipe with baffled section and tanabe system so we will see.

I'm booked on for Anglesey may bank holiday so I'll be finding out my static and drive by db then and I can let you know

• 350Butcher changed the title to Fast road/Track 350z 3.7ltr HR build
  • 350Butcher changed the title to Fast road/Track 350z 3.7ltr HR built