Smoking like trooper overfilled!

Spatt

update - Had a few prices and i've been in touch with a few companies regarding a rebuild estimates are £2500 - £3000.

I'm likely to need rebore and new pistons, Crank will be measured and replaced if worn. All consumables to be replaced such as bearings, seals, gaskets. So should be a pretty good job and hopefully should be "almost like new" which should be nice.

Pretty pleased with what ive been reading so far so now its just a case of saving up.

Can see me trying to sell loads of stuff to try and finance the build or a small loan. watch this space as they say

Matt

I know nothing about engine builds, just make sure you use someone who will still be around if it goes pop in the future, might be worth taking it to one of the traders on here who have worked on these engines for years. Might be a bit of a trek but worth it for someone who knows them inside out.

If it's like new, should last you a life time.

Agreed.

Also, pay the extra and make sure the engine builder supplies all the parts you need: That way, if anything goes wrong it's 100% down to them to fix and you don't get the hassle of "Well mate, you supplied the parts so they must be the problem..." that can happen.

• Like 1