Red suede cleaner

Humpy

I'd assume alcantara rather than suede. In which case, clean with this then coat with this to help keep it clean infinitely longer.

Have you actually used these products ilogikal? Thanks for the heads up and will order some up as you are the guru of anything in the detailing world :thumbs:

Also need something to clean up the red leather seats, any other recommendations? Already got a bottle of Meguirs gold class rich leather cleaner and conditioner, thoughts on this product?

Have you actually used these products ilogikal? Thanks for the heads up and will order some up as you are the guru of anything in the detailing world :thumbs:

Also need something to clean up the red leather seats, any other recommendations? Already got a bottle of Meguirs gold class rich leather cleaner and conditioner, thoughts on this product?

Not used the alcantara cleaner myself, but I'm more than happy to defer to Polished Bliss' experience on this one - they don't sell anything they don't use themselves.

I have used FabricCoat though and it's very good. Highly recommended for any fabric you want to keep clean (including non-leather shoes... LeatherCoat is better for leather, as the name might suggest. :lol: ).

On the topic of leather, bin the conditioner; you don't need it, it won't work and it'll cause more damage than good. This goes for all leather conditioners on all modern leather (anything made in the last 25 years or so), Leather is essentially top coated these days so the conditioner simply doesn't reach the leather and sits on the surface trapping grit and dirt between you an the seat, it's like running a gritty sponge over your paintwork. :surrender:

The Megs leather cleaner however is adequate so use that up first but when you need more I'd recommend looking at Dr Leather products instead. The Wipes are brilliant for maintenance cleans (try one on your steering wheel or gear knob and be prepared to be disgusted at how much filth it pulls out! Also, wear gloves when handling the wipes, they have a scent to them which gets into the pores of your skin, so you'll smell like leather for a week or so. Unless you like that sort of thing...).

For the annual deep clean Dr Leather's Liquid Cleaner is pretty hard to beat as well but for time being the Megs will do a sufficient job here until it's run out. The big tub of wipes should last you a couple of years with monthly use, the liquid cleaner will last into the decades with just annual use.

I'd also recommend protecting leathers with the aforementioned LeatherCoat, it's bloody good at keeping leather clean for so much longer. Especially handy for anyone who has lighter coloured leathers as it'll stop dye transfer from jeans, etc. staining the leather.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...