Is it a 2ltr?

Suffolkz

I think the best one I ever heard was when I pulled up outside a local shop on a nice day, so the roof was in the boot. A couple of youths were loitering outside and one asked the other "That's nice. What is it?" His friend gave him a knowing look and said "It's a kitted MR2 - the roof gives it away!"

:lol:

I once took my old 350 to JAE, but I went with IMOC the MR2 club as I had some friends I wanted to hang out with for the weekend. They didn't really want a 350 hogging the limelight, so asked me to park it on the corner of the stand. Of course I complied, but not before sticking a very rough hand-written cardboard sign in the windscreen that I'd scribbled on in black marker pen:

MR2 WITH 350Z BODYKIT

You would not believe the amount of people that spent the weekend crawling over and under the car to see if it was true or not :lol:

• Like 5

To play devils advocate - lots of people do not know much about cars, and do not care to know much about cars, so if they guess its a Porsche its a fair comment. I am sure there are many things people are experts in that I could only guess at and look somewhat foolish. That said, when you get people that 'pretend' they know what they are talking about saying rubbish they deserve all they get...

• Like 1

I think the best one I ever heard was when I pulled up outside a local shop on a nice day, so the roof was in the boot. A couple of youths were loitering outside and one asked the other "That's nice. What is it?" His friend gave him a knowing look and said "It's a kitted MR2 - the roof gives it away!"

:lol:

I once took my old 350 to JAE, but I went with IMOC the MR2 club as I had some friends I wanted to hang out with for the weekend. They didn't really want a 350 hogging the limelight, so asked me to park it on the corner of the stand. Of course I complied, but not before sticking a very rough hand-written cardboard sign in the windscreen that I'd scribbled on in black marker pen:

MR2 WITH 350Z BODYKIT

You would not believe the amount of people that spent the weekend crawling over and under the car to see if it was true or not :lol:

Surely lifting the bonnet would have solved the mystery pretty quickly i.e. the size and location of the engine!

My best line is "you only have it because you live close to work"...I don't think people understand that the Z was one of my dream cars and I would have got it no matter how far I lived from the office :D Also get asked the mpg question all the time :glare:

• Like 1

can you get it in diesel?

ahh, 350z - it's turboed isn't it?

some of my classics

Had a Ex-Nissan salesman tell me that the 350z was turbo'd but the softtop wasn't turbo'd, For some reason the soft top model couldn't fit a turbo.

I just smiled and agreed and asked for a discount on the car I was buying.

• Like 1

Best one I had was driving through Canterbury with my windows down.. pulls up to a twin lane roundabout, car on right new shape vw polo with 4 young lads in it looked 17/18 years old roughly looking at my car as waiting for gap. They were saying amongst themselves what car is that .... one said think its a zonda .. the other one said nooo its a bentley and they all nodded and said yeah think so ... I drove off in histerics.

A small kid and his father went up to me in tescos also and said nice car , is that the gtr?

People love the zed I must admit.. Even my Mum loves the zed

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

An ex's sister asked me what my 350 was, so I started the whole Nissan 350z 3.5L V6 spout...she blanked immediately after i said Nissan :/

I think what had surprised most people who have shown interest is the engine size 'at my age'...?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Have to say i love the fact that no one has a bad word to say about it - i've driven multiple vauxhalls ("ahh it'l break down soon...") and volvos ("hahaha old man's car...") but not one person doesn't like it! 😆😆😆

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I've posted it here a few times, I stopped for some fuel in the middle of nowhere somewhere in Shropshire I think on my way back from north wales.

Pull into a petrol station, did my thing and wandered into the shop. I'm the only person there and I know the kid behind the counter's basically been staring at me the whole.

Go in to pay, 'that a skyline?'

No, it's a 350z.

Oh my mate has one of them, 2l?

No, 3.5.

Ah my mate's is the 2l version. I'll tell you what I told him - shoulda bought a GTR.

Yes mate, should have spent an extra £50,000 and gotten something completely different hahaha.

I get the 'that must be expensive to run' thing so much that it's actually a running joke in my office now to ask how much my car costs me to run. Stopped being funny a year or so ago, a few minutes after it started, haha.

Over the years, I have had many different interesting comments on the Zed... :D But as you say, nobody has a bad word to say about it!

- Waiting in line to get on the ferry in Dover - guy walks up to me:

Guy: Wow what do you do for a job?

Me: Investment banking

Guy: Ahh yeah, that explains it. I wish I could afford a Porsche.

- Once got a parking ticket when over in the UK (Luxembourg plated). I came back to the car and read the ticket. (this being as I changed the Nissan badges for Z burger badges).

Make: Unknown

Model: Unknown

Colour: Grey

Tax Disc: Missing

Also, a guess was taken at the registration country from the "L" indicated on the number plate. His guess: Lithuania

Although my personal favourite was being asked how I could afford such an expensive car... to which I could only reply: How much do you think its worth? - Response left me with a big grin on my face, so I just nodded, smiled and walked away. :)

• Like 1