Headlight Restoration

Erni902

not an expert in these matters, but given the time of year, I would of thought best to leave them inside your nice toasty warm home and let the coat dry off properly. If you put them on now, you run the risk of the damp air giving you issues. If you dont need to use the car, I would leave them inside and let them cure properly.

Yeah Ive ended up leaving them inside now. I was only going to nip to the shop for a snack run so no major dramas.

Cleared a few little odd jobs up while the bumper was off such as removing the headlamp washer bottle and associated pipework/hoses and blanking off the hoses from the main bottle. (I dont have headlamp washers fitted and I have plans for the space ;) )

Also ripped out all the ridiculous wiring that was powering the thousand distasteful LED's littered around the car especially seen as most of them dont work anymore anyway.

Also re-fitted the mesh grille to the back of the bumper as it had fallen off when I bought the car.

Will post some pics of the headlights shortly.