Slip Light and engine light on

Walsh350

so ... as of yesterday my warped back left disk got worse and worse throughout the drive to work, then on the way home, the 350 didn't seem to want to start and took a while of turning over till it did eventually start, and when it did start the slip light and engine warning light stayed on and the traction control was stuck off. :/

Help !!

Not sure if both are related (left disk and zed not starting up easy)? Sounds like your ABS sensor is detecting something wrong with your left disc. If possible, get the code using a code reader or do the pedal dance to get the code (flashing lights) -->http://www.350z-uk.c...dance-required/ or http://www.350z-uk.com/index.php?showtopic=110

Edited by veeg33

So ... After trying 2 OBDII readers not reading and doing the pedal dance to get the code up, the code is 0350 ... Ignition Signal problem? so that would explain my slow engine start and smokey exhaust. Any way of narrowing the problem down further? run the car and remove each coil pack from the plugs at a time?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Adding on to an older thread here with the same problem....

2004 fairlady,after the car has warmed up and comes off choke/enrichment it throws up a cel and trc slip light.if on the road it loses power for a second if idling stalls and is slow to restart.

I've done a scan with jobd and no codes stored.pretty sure it's not a trc problem as it will still occur with trc switched off.any thoughts much appreciated!

Hi, that sounds like the camshaft position sensor failing- have a search for that. My symptoms were like yours. Loss of power for a second, lights on, then struggles to start once turned off

• 2 weeks later...

Update,I have replaced both cam sensors with decent oem ones and problem solved.....for a while.

The car ran perfectly then next time out didn't feel right.seems to have lost power/throttle response,my previous touch the gas and it's gone was gone!

Any heavy acceleration now needs kick down....I'm assuming tps sensor? Gas pedal just seems not right so would a reset be the way to go? Thanks for any advice in advance.