iron/rust particles, what product to use ?

neo

• 2 weeks later...

Great deal on Autoglym Magma, I've just ordered a couple bottles as running low

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B079QM2JN1?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

Colour Transform Technology reacts with iron particles on your bodywork and wheels so they can be easily rinsed away for a deep clean.

Simply spray onto the exterior surfaces of your car after shampooing, wait for it to react as it loosens any iron contamination and rinse away.

camelchart-locale-ukasin-b079qm2jn1pricetypes-amazonforce-1zero-0w-358h-430desired-falselegend-0ilt-1tp-allfo-0lang-en2022-04-0109_35_26.png.bfa230cb04b59095e9ec63072f8bdd8d.png

Edited by davey_83
  • Like 1

It all starts off innocent enough with a plan to use a bit of fallout remover.

Then you sit there and think.....

Might as well do the tar.....

Might as well hit it with some clay......

Might as well ceramic coat it while it's so clean........"now where's my IPA gone for a final bit of prep":doh:

• Haha 1

Exactly this haha 

I'm in the process of swapping over the wheels on the Sunny, so made perfect sense to test out the two products side by side as - unless you take off the wheels you can't do this. Also the test was done on a pair of front wheels so equally contaminated, rather than a front wheel vs a less contaminated rear wheel. 

I hit them all afterwards with a tar and glue remover (great minds) which to be fair didn't show up anything on the faces. The wheels are routinely washed so the tar was kept at a very low level. 

Very much rate Autoglym's offering.