Thinking about an Abarth 595 Competizione 180

ATTAK Z

CA6EC179-6618-41A0-8BE1-04C397A33609_zpsiwlho1ki.jpg

This was my abarth (not a 595), owned it for around 6 months and it was constantly breaking down, coilpacks always failing , leaking water into the car,wet carpets ect abarth dealers dont care even when its under warranty.

Fun cars to drive but id never buy another one.

Like any car u get the good ones and the bad ones. I just got a fridaynight special i think haha.

This was my abarth (not a 595), owned it for around 6 months and it was constantly breaking down, coilpacks always failing , leaking water into the car,wet carpets ect abarth dealers dont care even when its under warranty.

Fun cars to drive but id never buy another one.

Like any car u get the good ones and the bad ones. I just got a fridaynight special i think haha.

Sorry to hear that ... that has made me think again

• 2 weeks later...

hells yeah twingos are cool, huge respect for any small car manufacturer that's willing to try a rear engine rear wheel drive layout, even if it doesn't actually have the power to pull the skin off a rice pudding. An abarth is just a jumped up fiat 500, whereas a twingo is almost exactly the same as a 911.

• Like 2

I had an Abarth 595 Competizione for a couple of years and it was great fun and faultless (well almost faultless, it did have its instrument binnacle replaced under warranty). With the Sabelt seats and the Monza exhaust, which made entertaining, loud bangs which sounded like gunshots when accelerating hard (and indeed came with a certificate written in Italian to prove the exhaust was road legal just in case someone thought otherwise), it was brilliant on tight, twisty roads.

• 1 month later...

Right, took wifey to see the new 124 Abarth today just out of interest. Bear in mind that she doesn't like the 595 Abarth and calls it a 'Noddy' car. So off I trot to renew my love affair with a brand spanking new yellow 595 Competizione which I'd love to buy for her.

Blow me she follows me and says ' Oooo I like that, it's chunky'. So the salesman's eyes light up a bit and we arrange a test drive for next Saturday. It just shows you perseverance pays off in the end.

Anyhow, all I have to do now is choose between the auto, which I'd like if it's as good as the Porsche PDK, or the manual.

Anyone have experience or have read up on it please let me have your views ... don't forget both of us are getting on in years and this may end up as our only car when I retire.

Edited by ATTAK Z

Well, we went to Fiat Sheffield on Sunday to look at some more 595 Abarths ... wifey chopped and changed her mind several times and then we spotted this ...

Riva_zpsyulnqlff.jpg

it's a special edition 500 Riva and takes styling cues from the Riva boats ... I like it so I think this is what we'll now go for ...

... matches the Porsche too :)

• Like 1