132mph on provisional.

TT350

The whole thing is wrong on so many levels, unqualified driver without competent supervision = potential disaster.

The story is ridiculous anyway, so he takes her out and what happens, he accidentally drinks over the limit forcing her to have to drive him back? It was all premeditated and as mentioned above then deliberately put it into a position where she had to drive.

Provisional must have L plates, must be properly supervised, and its illegal to drive on motorways - not only all that then decides to tank along at 130mph+ which is insane on a public road at night instead of making steady progress. I could understand if they were 17 and doing one of those daft things you do as an immature person but they are 28 years old and should know better.

Another person taking the p*** and getting off relatively scott free. Only hope the insurance costs she gets whacked with if/when she passes give her the appropriate kick up the backside.

Edited by coldel

Is it just me or is it obvious that she wasn't the driver in the first place?

Seeing as she only has a provisional licence (for ID purposes most likely) and was likely to get off with a smaller fine, she obviously took the hit for her boyfriend. Driving ban means nothing if she doesn't actually drive too.

Rest of the sob story is just to reduce fine.

Edited by sasha
  • Like 3

Only hope the insurance costs she gets whacked with if/when she passes give her the appropriate kick up the backside.

"if" she was the driver i can only imagine she is the kind of person that probably doesnt worry about insurance and see's it as an optional extra ;)

• Like 1

Her Driving? Don`t think so. I think he should have had a ban as well.

Really? So with no proof whatsoever, you'd be happy if you had a ban just because the mags think you're pulling a fast one?

Yes he was in the car , by her own admission, supervising the learner driver. To me he was still in charge.

sent by my Zed eating a Welsh cake

Correct, by law he was deemed to be in control of the vehicle. However, you can't prosecute someone for speeding when they weren't driving.

Drunk in charge? Possibly, but they have no idea how much he'd drunk and he might say he was just being cautious after having half a shandy. It's impossible to prosecute beyond reasonable doubt.

So I say again, would you be happy to be banned from driving in the same circumstances?