Where to sell collectable vinyl & CD's?

mattross1313

Random one, but figured I'd ask on here as folks are usually pretty helpful.

I have a fair collection of Metallica CD's and Vinyl that I will be selling in the near future. The likely candidate will be putting them on eBay one at a time but wondered if anyone else has had success selling similar items anywhere else? Ranging from some pretty rare Vinyl's through to just regular CDs.

Aside from eBay, I have found http://eil.com/ but imagine they would offer you a lot less than you wanted.

Cheers, Matt :D

Eil stuff is very overpriced anyway (the band I collect, eil charge £25 for a single worth about £8 at most for example), so they would definitely offer you a lot less. In my experience ebay would be best, if it is something definitely collectable you will get plenty of bids; if it isn't then you'll just have to accept you may not sell it if it isn't desirable

• Like 1

Quite a long shot, but any chance you have a list of them Randy Baton?

I started putting them on discogs once.... Far too time consuming!

Not sure if my collection is viewable or not but here's the link.

https://www.discogs.com/user/randy_baton/collection

Thats about a 1/4 of it, Looks to be missing the jungle collection!

Edited by Randy_Baton

Prompted me to look. My gold vinyl Creeping Death EP is going for about £30 on ebay.

Weird thing is, I then started looking up other bits and bobs, I have. The CD versions of the earlier Foetus albums I have are going from £80 to £770(!) on Amazon Market place. The vinyl versions of the same, which I have are less at about £40 each. Digital download ...£7.99. Makes no sense to me, why so much for the CD versions?

Also my Slayer "Mandatory Suicide" T Shirt is now estimated at $500-$1000. Shame my mate took it away with him by accident 24 years ago and his mother threw it away.

Weird thing is, I then started looking up other bits and bobs, I have. The CD versions of the earlier Foetus albums I have are going from £80 to £770(!) on Amazon Market place. The vinyl versions of the same, which I have are less at about £40 each. Digital download ...£7.99. Makes no sense to me, why so much for the CD versions?

Speaking as a collector, that is the reason they are worth more... people want that item for their collection, you can't hold or read the lyrics book with a digital download, or display it on your shelf next to the other rare cds you may own.

Prices are dictated by amount sold in the first place, and what condition you'd expect to find them in now. For older cds there is every chance that although there may be 1000s out there, but they will have been played, dropped, scratched etc, so mint cds will fetch more money.

It seems to be very difficult to sell CDs and DVDs these days, unless its something clicky or really collectable, i tried selling a load of hard to get and no longer available drift and Japanese car tuning related DVDs a while back on several forums, and you would think they would go easy....

not one bit of interest, so rather than sell them for 50p or a pound i would rather keep them, i wonder with the renewed interest in vinyl, if the prices of all the old albums is going to rise?

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone's got any 1990's boom-bap rap/hip hop vinyl going up for sale then let me know!

It seems a shame to cut old LP's up but if you're struggling to sell them and don't mind being a bit crafty then things like vinyl coasters are popular on sites like Etsy. These are £16 for 6 plus shipping (not mine btw!)

il_570xN.854853179_kkdr.jpg

there's quite a few 'up-cycling' options with old vinyl. Some people make them info clocks. Have a look on Etsy and see what inspires you!

S.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone's got any 1990's boom-bap rap/hip hop vinyl going up for sale then let me know!

I don't have, but thats a great idea!! I bought some fake rubber coasters recently that were vinyl shaped, but they were pretty cheap and nasty! Making them from the real deal is a good idea.

My second batch is up on eBay now, so far having good interest :D

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/mattross1313/m.html?item=282147173743&hash=item41b148356f%3Ag%3AS1AAAOSwgZ1XvJp0&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562