Autotrader concerns

Flex

its giving away your address you need to be worried about.

i had a caller when selling mine that was keen (overly keen). called me 3 days in a row to ask all these questions. then arranged to view and asked for my address, as you do.

that evening got a text (everyhting else has been phone calls) ''sorry mate, i havent got any money''

now i dont think im a paranoid person, but he quickly got a text the following morning from me saying Sold. i had visions of a scout and steal.

Do you not have your number on the add? They have a security system where they list a number for interested parties to call that links to your number. This way they don't know your number and you don't know theirs.

• Like 1

Do you not have your number on the add? They have a security system where they list a number for interested parties to call that links to your number. This way they don't know your number and you don't know theirs.

Yes but all emails, no phone call. He also messaged just as the ad was about to expire.

Go to Tesco's, buy a 99p pay-as-you go SIM card, stick it into an old phone then you have a 'disposabe' phone number :lol: Bit like having multiple email accounts I have several for different uses, work, private, ones when I know they will spam you etc :lol: