BIRDS @*!#

nissanjuke

I have just sorted the same problem today. A monster seagull/pterodactyl hammered the passenger side of my zed whilst i was work.. the sun baked it on. :( left a map similar to urs of africa...

Just got bk from my mates. He machine polished it out... thank mother jebus. He had to have it on the most effective speed etc.. but its gone.

I can sleep easy now. :)

Warm water will do an equally effective job of softening and removing the offending substance and is considerably cheaper than WD40.

That said WD40 will also mask any etching causing, water won't do that.

Polishing is the only way to remove etching, but there are many, many products that will mask it - any glaze and/or wax with fillers will achieve that.

• 5 weeks later...

My partner lives in a lovely street lined with large old oak trees that create a canopy completely over the road and i now dread going to see her in my Zed. If i park for no more than a couple of hours then there is a fine haze of resin covering the car. But if i stay with her overnight the car gets dive bombed and covered in huge chunks of bird s**t. They must be on a diet of cement and blackberries because its purple and is great at bonding itself to my clearcoat. Like ilogikal1 i soak it with with warm water and car shampoo whilst continuing trying to dislodge it with a large syringe filled with the same mix of water and shampoo,we'd need a hose about 800metres long so its buckets at the moment . We can be there for half an hour in the morning cleaning up the Blitz from the night before. The sooner we get to it the less chance of damage we have. Anybody like pigeon pie?