Dan's Scooby thread *Pics & exhaust vid p2*

Ekona

Yes, sadly the time came to say goodbye to the trusty Clio 182. It was bought cheap, it was sold cheap, and it was a heck of a lot of fun. But sometimes, you just know what car you need in your life, and god bless my wifey for having good taste in cars...

Imprezaagain.jpg

Well, doesn't that look familiar? ;)

For those who don't know. that's the same car we sold to a mate 3 years ago because Jo was doing long commutes and the fuel bill was crippling. Thankfully he's looked after her as well as we would've, sorted out all the wonky bits, and now we have Betty Beast back in our possession again. 320-ish bhp, 1300kg, STi PPP, revs to high heaven and has DCCD with the wider track. She's an absolute monster of a car, and I struggle to find anything I'd cover distances with quicker than this. Just enough power to be fun, but with a torque delivery that leaves you breathless on occasion.

Suffice to say, we're not planning on getting shot of Betty any time soon. B)

Edited by Ekona
  • Like 15

I'd like a blob eye, but i'm just not sure I would find the right one. I know nothing about them mechanically, other than I imagine there is lots to go wrong so that scares me off. That and the image they have but I could see through that.

Great cars and they are very capable at covering ground very quickly with little effort, i had the next model year up from this (Hawkeye STI PPP). Sometimes i miss the kick of the turbo and the way it devoured country roads but i love the look and the driver involvement of the Nismo. Best of luck with the scooby! :thumbs:

I'd like a blob eye, but i'm just not sure I would find the right one. I know nothing about them mechanically, other than I imagine there is lots to go wrong so that scares me off. That and the image they have but I could see through that.

They're not actually that bad, if you buy the right one. The STi has a stronger gearbox (i.e. indestructible) than the WRX, and the 2L engine is far stronger than the 2.5L. Other than that, it's just the standard things that can fail, and unless you start doing silly tuning then they're pretty strong cars.

The only thing with an Impreza is that they really encourage you to press on like no other car I've ever driven. The rate you can cover country roads is phenomenal, and the balance is beautiful: With the DCCD (adjustable diff) set full rear giving a 35F/65R torque split, you get a hint of understeer on turn in and then a little squiggle once you get back on the power. Then it's just grip & go. Lovely stuff! :D

It's a scoob. Can't go wrong really. I do like the blob eye

After my experience with my96 classic JDM Subaru Impreza WRX and my mates Impreza plus countless people I met/spoke to from Scoobynet some years ago I'd have to disagree with that completely. :shrug::lol:

They're not actually that bad, if you buy the right one. The STi has a stronger gearbox (i.e. indestructible) than the WRX, and the 2L engine is far stronger than the 2.5L. Other than that, it's just the standard things that can fail, and unless you start doing silly tuning then they're pretty strong cars.

Exactly Dan.

Stick to stock (ish) power levels, service correctly & I have heard they can be very reliable cars. ;)

Never would have taken you for a Scooby fan ;) congrats on the RE-purchase. I have had a few, but the bugeye sti running 380bhp and too many suspension mods was so much fun! Shame I bought the GTR and the Scooby just wasnt used. They are fantastic cars in all weather (especially rain and snow).

Enjoy it!

• Like 1

It's a scoob. Can't go wrong really. I do like the blob eye

After my experience with my96 classic JDM Subaru Impreza WRX and my mates Impreza plus countless people I met/spoke to from Scoobynet some years ago I'd have to disagree with that completely. :shrug::lol:

Exactly Dan.

Stick to stock (ish) power levels, service correctly & I have heard they can be very reliable cars. ;)

well, what i meant was, can't go wrong as they are a great car, in that sense in my defense :teeth: Edited by Rock_Steady
  • Like 1

the newer ones have always been decent mechanically, its poor modding and mapping that causes problems. The old ones had a problem with cylinder 3 and oil starvation as it was closest to the HOT turbo. Never had major issues with the 4 that I have owned and the 1 I bought for a friend.