Picking Bridgestone Variants

RPL

Hi,

I need to finally replace my 370z fronts. I have Bridgestone RE050A's all round at the moment and whilst i want to move to MPSS's, I don't want to mix the tyres.

However looking at all tyre supplier websites, there's so many variants of the RE050A's with different pricing options. Has anyone bought any of these, or is able to point me at the ones i should use??

Blackcircles as an example has 4 variants

• One has reinforced walls and rim protection (XL)
  • One is for infinity cars only?
  • One is for cars (in general??)
  • One I can see is for BMW's (and are run flats)

I assume Nissan put the generic car variant on the stock model? Has anyone used the XL variant before given its slightly cheaper?

Cheers

post-11502-0-61159400-1469012480_thumb.jpg

Just buy MPSS, you won't suddenly fly off the road and die with them on the front. Yes, hypothetically you'll suffer oversteer with older less grippy rears, but they are all good premium tyres, not budget rubbish on the rear that maybe would kill you :lol:

As said above, get MPSS for all 4 corners and if there is any decent tread on the rear 'Stones, there is a good chance someone will be looking for a pair of 'stoney' rears given they wear out long before the fronts.......well at least they do for the majority of ZED owners :D So a form of cash-back for you :teeth:

Oh, and make a few more posts so you meet the 15 post minimum requirement to advertise those s/h tyres on here ;)

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/215-370z-parts-for-sale/

• Like 1

Faced the same problem recently and regret going for Potenzas again, the fronts still have 4mm on them after 18000m of hard driving, bloody things won't wear out.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

You're only 1mm from changing them, either bin them or sling them on eBay and take what you can for them.

• Like 1