Goodbye Z, hello BMW M235i

joedeejay

• 2 weeks later...

I've not heard any horror stories as of yet, 2 years BMW warranty just in case though lol. The N54 was never strong enough for 2 turbos, guessing thats why they dumped it for a twin-scroll single turbo instead to make the N55

As gangzoom says, the N54 was rock hard - they have seen over 800 whp on an unopened block, it was the ancillaries that let it down. And yes, I have an N54 :lol:

Big fan of the M235i as well, I think I would probably have gone for the Autobox over the manual (I drove both) which is something I never thought Id say on a RWD sportster. I held off buying one as the depreciation was always going to be a killer, the M2 is turning my head again now though :wacko:

No one pays the list price on any BMW. 10% off is minimal discount you should be pushing for.

Definitely. And if you buy through TRL on Babybmw you should see 20% off list on these I think (that's what I got on my recent M135i purchase).

Love the 2 Joe and as others have said, looks fantastic in red. Are the grilles an easy change? And do you have a link for where you got yours?

No one pays the list price on any BMW. 10% off is minimal discount you should be pushing for.

Definitely. And if you buy through TRL on Babybmw you should see 20% off list on these I think (that's what I got on my recent M135i purchase).

Love the 2 Joe and as others have said, looks fantastic in red. Are the grilles an easy change? And do you have a link for where you got yours?

Very easy! I'll send you a message with the details

• 4 weeks later...