How to stop cats...

I agree with Paddy - I think it could be fox droppings.

Post up a pic of the goods! there's plenty of cat folk on here who'll be able to identify from the girth.

S.

PS. I came on here to read the referendum thread. Since that's been axed this thread was the next best ;)

I tried all the chemical methods, but with the rain we get here it washes most of it away

The device I find work best is the ultrasonic sound maker. You need to make sure the batteries are good and I find it helps to change the frequency & intensity every couple of weeks or they get used to it

https://www.primrose...CFbYW0wodbb4FDg

Cat%20Scarer_zpsbeufnwec.jpg

• Like 1

This is fantastic!! i've have thrown down some pepper and some eucalyptus and there has been no sign of any poop yet. if it continues i'll go for the lion/tiger poop.

yes i am sure it's cat pooh, i know the difference in smell. Plus i have seen the offender dig, squat and bury from my drive way.

Edited by Rock_Steady
  • Like 3

This is fantastic!! i've have thrown down some pepper and some eucalyptus and there has been no sign of any poop yet. if it continues i'll go for the lion/tiger poop.

yes i am sure it's cat pooh, i know the difference in smell. Plus i have seen the offender dig, squat and bury from my drive way.

When I was a zookeeper, the lion keeper told me about using lion/tiger poo to keep cats away. He said you won't see the cat for a mile or any other cat come to think of it :lol:

• Like 1

Are you sure it's cats and not foxes (Or a dog)? Cats generally prefer flower beds or sand as they naturally want to cover up their peeps and poops... Just a thought?

We've got loads of cats and over the years have had close to 50. I've yet to have a cat that didn't bury its poo and cover it up or at least attempt to. It's an instinct that pre dates cats domestication, they do it to hide their presence from larger predators. There are occasions when they don't cover their poop, usually when there are lots of male cats from different households who are laying claim to the same piece of territory. Males will often spray but it's not quite the same as marking by pooping, it tells other cats the time that the cat was around so other cats can share the territory but not at the same time. Female cats also spray but its fairly rare.

Pete

My female kitten makes zero attempt to cover her thumping great stinky dumps in the litter tray. I've no idea what's wrong with her, useless thing.

I have no idea how the other cat survives going in there afterwards, I really don't.

One of ours has now taken to sh!tting on the kitchen worktop. Lovely I know. He even does it whilst your in the room. The other day I was making a cup of tea. Kettle boiled, turned around to grab a cup. By the time I had turned around the cat had stealthy snuck in the room, done a massive dump next to the kettle & vanished. I nearly stuck my cup in it. Disgusting thing.

Edited by rabbitstew
  • Like 1

There's a couple of cats around my way that love shitting in my front garden and make no effort to bury it. I can see them from my front window so I know who the wee bastards are. I'm tempted to place an order for a catapult and declare war!

Few bits of carpet gripper rod in the borders works well, lightly cover with soil and invisible too :)

and if you have fences, a few lengths on the top of the fence stops them travelling between gardens :)

Edited by Jetpilot

Wouldn't you know it, the moment i put up the last post, there's a nice new shinny turd in the only place i didn't put any pepper corns down :rant: . I'm going to buy a shed load of it later and some Lion poop from Amazon. Now there's a sentence i never thought i'd say.

The problem with the pepper deterrent is that the effect wears off very quickly. Could you put some rocks, prickly plants, garden mesh in the affected areas? The initial cost will be more, but it's a better solution in the long term.

As for Lion crap, I don't see how that will be any less gross than the kitty poop.

• Like 1

The problem with the pepper deterrent is that the effect wears off very quickly. Could you put some rocks, prickly plants, garden mesh in the affected areas? The initial cost will be more, but it's a better solution in the long term.

As for Lion crap, I don't see how that will be any less gross than the kitty poop.

that is a good point, but it may be temporary if they think one of their larger cousins is making a statement in "their" area. i'll see.