Nismo tyre size

Kharmon

So im due to change all 4 tyres next week ive decided im going for MPSS all round but i carnt decide on the sizes. Does any one have any idea on the ideal tyre size for grip without rubbing issues ? Should i go wider onthe front and rear or just stick with the standard size ? Thanks

Thanks guys any reason why people are going wider or is it purely for looks rather than performance ?

When I had the standard 18" Rays alloys although I could have maybe fitted slightly wider tyres on then that which were on it originally the benefits would have been so minimal it really wasn't worth it.

When I changed the alloys on my 350Z to 19's from the standard 18's I had wider tyres then because the alloys themselves were wider (9.5J & 10.5J) so they required wider width tyres.

I did benefit with more traction I'd say but the extra weight over the standard lighter forged alloys probably slowed the car down overall with a heavier corner weight on each corner.

Thanks guys any reason why people are going wider or is it purely for looks rather than performance ?

When I had the standard 18" Rays alloys although I could have maybe fitted slightly wider tyres on then that which were on it originally the benefits would have been so minimal it really wasn't worth it.

When I changed the alloys on my 350Z to 19's from the standard 18's I had wider tyres then because the alloys themselves were wider (9.5J & 10.5J) so they required wider width tyres.

I did benefit with more traction I'd say but the extra weight over the standard lighter forged alloys probably slowed the car down overall with a heavier corner weight on each corner.

Good point didnt think about the added weight ill just get the standard size then carnt go wrong . fronts are 245/40 r19 and rears are 285/35 r19

• Like 1

Good point didnt think about the added weight ill just get the standard size then carnt go wrong . fronts are 245/40 r19 and rears are 285/35 r19

Isn't that 275 on the rear?

I used these sizes on my 370z Nismo wheels:

F: 245/40 R19

R: 285/35 R19

Standard:

F: 245/40 R19

R: 275/35 R19

Wheel sizes:

F: 19x 9.5-inch P245 / 40 ZR 19" offset +40

R: 19x10.5-inch P285 / 35 ZR 19" offset +23

Thanks dude enough grip for them turbos 😄

Isn't that 275 on the rear?

Yes.

Simply changing to MPSS using the standard sizes (as wez370 has corrected) will transform the handling and grip, significantly for the better - no need to up the rear tyre size..............................IMHO :D

• 7 months later...