Hood vents

Snjur

Well as title says im in search for some hood vents or ideas where i might get them. I need to take out excess heat from engine since turbines are heating up engine bay quite nicely.

As i have already CF hood it won't be too much of a problem to insert this. Only problem is i can't find anything decent which is not looking "ricer" or the ones which i like such as APR ones are pricey.

If anyone has done this or has any ides please step forward :)

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

You could make a template and cut your own in, however watch the areas of the underside as it's double skinned in places. Alternately get a universal set off Ebay, you will still need to cut the bonnet at some point though. The R35 vents look good once fitted on Z . :)

Yes i was also looking in R35 type but they look more of intake for air to come in rather than for escape of hot air. Thank again it all how u type it in Google. When i type hood louvers there is much more choice of design mostly used in American cars. All this universal stuff from Ebay looks ricer to me

Then you would want a scoop? As I understood it vents do exactly that, vent air. You will want something that forces air in, the air will go straight over the vent. If you want more air in, then I would look to finding a solution to getting colder air into the area around the air filter to prevent heat soak most likely via some modification to the front of the car?

No not the scope type after more like gils so hot air from engine bay can go out as hit air tends to rise. Similar to Seibon hood i thinks it called ts style

53cd7c927a6e3d73bac888d11aa0286b.jpgeec6f280f6ec185e967869e67800b713.jpg

I run the z-tune nismo vent, used by a fee time attack cars in America and does the job for me, I haven't bothered making it look pretty but I'm sure it could do

Cool. Do you maybe have a picture of it on the car? You got it from States or?

Just a copy one off ebay :)

And theres pics in my project thread 'the track car is dead, long live the trackcar'

Just saw it. So what you think it could be fitted to a bonnet to look more or less like stock since you have already mounted it. I see that is a DE bonnet on yours mine is Hr

I've seen them mounted from the underside instead of from the top, and then you could epoxy it in and paint it all to look like it was meant to be there :)

It might not fit a de bonnet though :/

On Facebook there is a group called '350z parts for sale uk' or sonething like that and someone is selling a fibreglass vented hr bonnet. Could be worth a go and sell on your carbon one?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Alot of us are running Ford RS vents either off the fiesta (long and narrow vents) or of the focus which are squarer. Bit marmite, some like, some dont. I love mine

Thanks on reply. Yes i have narrowed search for those 2 and http://www.ebay.com/itm/221463549914.

Which ones you are using Ford RS or Fiesta. If u dont mind drop a picture here as for the time being im stuck in Angola so my internet speed is disaster to search throughout topics

• 3 weeks later...

So..... After a long search for hood vents i manage to find something which looks good and is not pricey.

They are coming in dimensions of 4"x12".

Just need to figure out if this can be fitted from under the oem bonnet to have it look as much as possible incognito.

Putting this from top side would be visible a lot. At least u think so

5876de46555990c65c88bc14de4203a9.jpg

6e57ade8e449bb5dabe2e6692d4d17e9.jpg

Well to be honest i did fancy the most carbon ones from concept Z performance. I think APR brand it was. But getting it shipped and custom tax i was looking on 550 600 usd.

So from the rest what was out there which was 98% plastic i stumbled across this.

As Ben guessed this are Trackspec ones.

My only aim is trying fit this to a DE hood and keep it as less bling as possible. Not to be a cop magnet since car is modified.

In my head if this will be mounted from bellow this upper part of louvers shouldn't stick to much out

Edited by Snjur

In my head if this will be mounted from bellow this upper part of louvers shouldn't stick to much out

It could be an issue making a perfectly smooth whole to fit them in from underneath no? Wouldn't you need some form of "frame" to cover the inaccuracies of the cut?

It could be an issue making a perfectly smooth whole to fit them in from underneath no? Wouldn't you need some form of "frame" to cover the inaccuracies of the cut?

Well im still in plan development. Either way hood will need to be repainted after this so this inaccuracies could be arranged prior painting. Still looking the best way

Well im still in plan development. Either way hood will need to be repainted after this so this inaccuracies could be arranged prior painting. Still looking the best way

I'm sure a good body shop could do it fine, I wouldn't like to DIY fit underneath though.

I'm sure a good body shop could do it fine, I wouldn't like to DIY fit underneath though.

No definitely won't be DIY. As i tend to keep this louvers look as much as possible stock. That is why i plan to go from under. Easier way would just be to bolt it from top but than... It would be i think like fist in the eye.