oil pressure

wilo

Is this an early DE or a later Rev Up or HR ?

all i know is its a DE dont think its a rev up as it only revs to 6200 ...its a 04 plate

See my edited last message.

whats ecv ? is that similar to pcv valve under rocker cover on Toyota,s .

also is there a thread of what to do please

oil level half way between half full and max (3/4 full) .its had 1.5 litres in it in my two weeks of owning it

Just to clarify... although you've put in 1.5 litres, do you know what the oil level was when you first got it?

Could it simply be that the oil level was stupidly low when you got it?

oil level half way between half full and max (3/4 full) .its had 1.5 litres in it in my two weeks of owning it

Just to clarify... although you've put in 1.5 litres, do you know what the oil level was when you first got it?

Could it simply be that the oil level was stupidly low when you got it?

oil level was on half way mark when i got the car so i topped it up and its used a further 3/4 of a litre over 500ish miles Edited by wilo

3/4 of a litre over 500 miles may be something that you can live with, compared to the 1.5 litres over 500 miles.

Yes, ECV same as PCV.

ahh that's good to hear ..maybe not a stuffed as i thought then and cheers ill check the ECV tomorrow for any blockages ill search on here first to make sure i do the job correctly

My 05 has done 95k and oil pressures same as yours. Just done a trackday, nuts and thrashed etc, no worries. Does not use as much oil as yours but at 130k ! Oil consumption and oil pressure not related issues. Just keep pouring the oil in and enjoy .

• Like 1

my guess would be either sticking pcv valve or leaking rocker gasket/s. ive also read of poor quality oil filters causing low oil pressure, first action fresh oil change and good quality filter and report back.

ive used 500ml of oil in the last 1000 ish miles but that includes x2 track sessions, so i dont worry too much.

david

• Like 1

thank you guys for all your help and advice on this problem its very much appreciated.

ill see if i can check the PCV valve tomorrow and ill check for oil pooling in rocker cover .