Anyone Used CQuartz Ceramic Coating?

14N

Very popular. They seem to be very keen to have numerous 'approved' folk applying it.

Not seen it being used in the flesh.

1 year coverage is typically seen as very poor for a ceramic which leads me to believe that the ingredients are not quite as @*!# hot as they claim.

Obviously you can't put it on a matte wrap because of the glossing effect of the product.

For me there are much better out there but each to their own.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It's something I was offered as a service as part of a (gloss) wrap. Never heard of it (or the process) before. I'd be keen to hear of the better alternatives please mate.

It's something I was offered as a service as part of a (gloss) wrap. Never heard of it (or the process) before. I'd be keen to hear of the better alternatives please mate.

How much are they quoting on top. It is very popular mate. I'm not going to say at the right price it's worth having it done

It's quite adequate for what it is - it's essentially the entry level coating aimed at the amateur rather than the professional so it's relatively easy to use but sacrifices some durability as a result. If you were applying it yourself, I'd probably say go for it. Paying someone else to do it for you? For the cost of an hours labour on top of a brand new wrap maybe, any more than that definitely not. Part of the selling point for CQuartz is it's ease of application after all.

If they were offering the more pro-versions, the ones that last 2/3 years+ then it's worth paying for an experienced hand to apply, but for the entry level examples like this, it's just not worth it.

Better alternatives would be Gyeon Mohs+, GTechniq Crystal Serum or the SiRamik alternative (I've not got to grips with their range just yet...); the ones that you're not supposed to be able to get hold of outside of the trade - because if you get those wrong it takes a hell of a lot of knowledge and effort to put right again. They're the ones you want to be paying other people to apply, IMO.

• Like 1

I have just had a full correction done on the zed then sealed with SIRamik. The finish is stunning and the beading is amazing. My wife had her red mx5 done as well and again stunning results and very easy to keep clean.

Definitely a worth while investment.

• Like 1

SiRamik SC15 is the more amateur friendly one. You can still gnarls it up but generally it's easier than some.

3-5 years if you look after it.

The SiRamik APT system is another beast. One I've not broken into yet as you need to be approved and there are minimum pricing structures.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I appreciate your comments and experience. Regarding cost, I'll literally just be paying for the kit (circa £35), the guy (a friend) that'll be doing the wrap will apply it as part of the process - he's not charging me extra to apply the coating.

Can't really decline or grumble with that! :thumbs: