Wrapping the bottom middle of the front bumper black

Cyder

Sorry for the vagueness of the thread.

I've seen a couple of Zed's with the bottom central part of the front bumper painted/wrapped black. Does anyone know where I can get that from? I really like the look of it and it would hide a multitude of stone chips!

Sorry for the vagueness of the thread.

I've seen a couple of Zed's with the bottom central part of the front bumper painted/wrapped black. Does anyone know where I can get that from? I really like the look of it and it would hide a multitude of stone chips!

There's actually a carbon insert that you can buy off eBay that I've heard is a good fitment for the middle part of your front bumper. Assuming you have a pre-facelift?

+1 for plastidip. I was looking to do this when I first got my Zed and plastidip was the way I was going to go. If you mess it up it just peels off, so its low risk.

I'd imagine vinyl would be tricky as you would usually wrap it around something so the edges were hidden. You couldn't do this on 2 of the sides so I'd imagine they would peel up quickly.

My vote goes to Plastidip. I did mine as a temporary fix after I demolished my front lip.

7651EFB3-995B-46FF-87B0-66C644FC476F_zpsjypa61im.jpg

Very easy to get a good finish, rubberised finish is ideal for the lip that's prone to stone chips, you can peel it off if you change your mind and a whole can (more than enough) is just over a tenner. :thumbs:

What's not to like? :shrug:

• Like 3

Is plasti dip just a case of spray it on? If it's that easy I'll have a pop.

Yes. It's essentially a rubberised paint that can be removed. First couple of coats will be a partial covering, but build up the coats like you would paint. Several light coats are better than a few heavy ones. Plenty of vids on YouTube for help :thumbs:

• Like 1

I'm gonna do the grille on my wife's car this week il report back

I did the grille and wheels on a previous car and my hand was killing me. That was just the lips on the wheels not the whole wheel. If this works out well il be refurbing my wife's wheels

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nah just clean it as much as possible. I rushed it the first time and I got a bubble from a small pool of water sitting under the dip.

The perks of using plastidip is that you can just peel it off back to your old paint if you get bored/don't like it.

Nissan did a clip on part a few years ago which clipped on a treat for pre face lift 350z's.

You can still get it in Japan but not here.

If you know anyone going to Tokyo in the near future could be worth asking them to get you one.