R32 GT-R Build/Refurb/Maintenance Diary....

mouthwash

Get hold of this next week with any luck, cannot wait! :teeth: Sadly not rich enough to afford the newer versions but style wise I like this one the most anyway.

P1230981_zpsf5hr55mh.jpg

P1230983_zpsafoss09e.jpg

Will be eating beans for a while but it will be worth it. I'll probably keep this thread updated with the things I do to it.

Edited by mouthwash
  • Like 12

I think you've got yourself a potential money-maker there! I get the impression the R32 GTR's value is going to be on the rise very soon! Personally, I've been looking at getting an R33 GTR

• Like 1

Very nice mate, always liked the R32! Those alloys are pretty damn rare over in the UK as well ;)

Thanks, not sure if I'll keep the alloys on it tbh.

I think you've got yourself a potential money-maker there! I get the impression the R32 GTR's value is going to be on the rise very soon! Personally, I've been looking at getting an R33 GTR

Yeah, they are only going to go one way in value!

nice find there mate :thumbs: prices for 32s is going to go through the roof from this year because they can now be imported legally into the USA and they are going mad for them :snack:

Yeah, that's why I've been trying to get hold of one for the last 6 months before they go too mental but it's a bit of a minefield.

Like very much .... Looks like it's been well looked after

Yeah, the garage said (as they would I guess) that it's one of the nicer ones they've seen. I needed to do some checks on it over the weekend/this week and luckily they gave me first refusal on it. After I bought it they told me they had a chap who came in and offered over the asking price to try and get it.

R32 GTR DD. DD = Dogs Danglies!! B) love it!! Nice colour with a proper Jap can and some nice un-kerbed wheels. I'm excited and it's not even mine. Enjoy it!

From what I've seen only 4% of R32 GTRs were made in this colour, no idea how accurate that is though. The other side of the can even has some Japanese text for that extra authenticity :lol:

Good to see you are all finally beginning to realise the wonders of the Skyline franchise ;)

I only spent all this money so I could get myself higher up the like leaderboard. :p

• Like 1

Thanks guys, sorry I've been busy collecting my new toy. :p Here are a few pics from the way home.

IMG-20160708-WA0000_zpsajeooze3.jpg

IMG-20160708-WA0003_zpsm64l5gte.jpg

IMG-20160708-WA0002_zpshhlnhykj.jpg

I have to say that DCY Europe were pretty awesome throughout the purchase of the car, answered all my silly questions and even gave me first dibs on the car without a deposit until I had received some information on checks etc. The only thing I would say is, if you're going to buy a car from them do not get it undersealed there. I think Stevie Wonder does their underseal because not only did they cover the propshaft in waxoil (how smart) but they missed parts of the underside of the car. I'm now going to have to pay for it all to be stripped off and done right.

A few things need doing on the car:

New front brakes (it's currently like stopping a 747)

New water pump and radiator system flushed

Rear shocks are leaking and need replacing

New front tyres as the current ones have perished and cracked.

Oil service as the last one is unknown.

It does come with some Japanese history however it's totally useless :lol: Oh and the best part about the car.... It's got a Calsonic radiator B)

More updates soon!

Edited by mouthwash
  • Like 1

Nice buy mate! Was looking at importing one before a charged zed cropped up and caught my eye instead. No way you will lose money on that, especially in such a rare and nice colour!

Think they all have calsonic radiators, I remember my R32 GTST did too :)

• Like 1