A little trip to France and some little motorcars

Will370z

So Dad and I went on a little road trip to France last week with some friends from the austin seven owners club and it was awesome. Forecast was storms and rain but 2 days before we left the weather turned and we had the roof down all week.

First stop was to see the landing beaches, it was something i really wanted to see and really gives you pause for thought. Arromaches and the harbour they built there was a technological master piece and a key part of the war effort. Seeing the harbour sections still out there in the sea is a sight that really makes you stop and think about what happened there.

We then travelled further down south to Pay du Fou. This is a theme park like no other, where all profits go to charity. I have to say it is one of the most amazing places i have ever visited. The shows put on were nothing short of spectacular. The bird show with over 170 birds (eagles, condors, hawks, herons) all flying in formation just over our heads was gob smacking.

All the other shows were fantastic (gladiators in a life size amphitheatre, viking battles, knights jousting, the three musketeers, war trenches, a light show on the lakes where musicians appeared out of the lake) and the final night time show at the castle was simply stunning. Over 1500 actors on the largest stage in the world, it was amazing. A link is included below and i definitely recommend it if you ever go to France.

["

[/url]

We then made our way down to Bressuire for the historic grand prix where one of dads friends was competing in a stunning Riley. What an amazing little place it was. The town streets were all set up to recreate the historic track of old and cars of all ages and classes were set to race over 2 days. It was great. The zed got a lot of attention as no one knew what it was.

I am currently putting together some videos and pics will post them here.

DSC_0503_zpsm50fxhsf.jpg

DSC_0493_zpsg6zdrrxx.jpg

DSC_0489_zpsld7d1trb.jpg

DSC_0488_zpshms9auj5.jpg

DSC_0484_zpsttgn5gct.jpg

DSC_0483_zpsxr1lcnh0.jpg

DSC_0481_zpszffkl4r3.jpg

DSC_0480_zps3ijkq8iw.jpg

DSC_0478_zpsuypcbguc.jpg

DSC_0477_zpsmziq8xlc.jpg

DSC_0475_zps1zo14mas.jpg

DSC_0471_zpsm61hocda.jpg

DSC_0471_zpsm61hocda.jpg

DSC_0465_zpsjc5kdwsm.jpg

DSC_0464_zps38xonesb.jpg

DSC_0462_zpsaydxw2dr.jpg

DSC_0455_zpsmdazslx4.jpg

DSC_0452_zpspoaso0xc.jpg

DSC_0450_zps7agqj9qa.jpg

DSC_0441_zpsjzxc64yg.jpg

DSC_0413_zpsqisfnhwf.jpg

DSC_0412_zpsaa9hwtmu.jpg

DSC_0411_zps3hwuxjef.jpg

DSC_0407_zps3dvhkq8a.jpg

DSC_0402_zpslpscr0av.jpg

DSC_0401_zpswctouqej.jpg

DSC_0400_zpsb1ldmzsv.jpg

DSC_0397_zpsvibhgteb.jpg

DSC_0396_zpswi5nkprc.jpg

DSC_0395_zps4rzanwrg.jpg

• Like 6

Looks like you had a great time! Some lovely pristine cars there!!! It's a shame that travelling over to France so easily could well be about to become a thing of the past though! :(

Looks like you had a fantastic time, we have just got back from a road trip to France, Burgandy then down to the Dordogne, will definitely look at including Puy du Fou for next year. Like you we had load of interest in the 370, had several guys ask if they could take photos. Just love France.

Nice trip and some great pics. We just did 2500 milers across Belgium, France, Italy & Monaco - didn't see one 50 or 70 the whole time!

I think that's because (from what I know) LHD 350Zs were limited editions for the European market (mine has a plaque in it saying it is number x out 350 for the French market. It's a shame, but makes me so happy that I have one and it's that little bit more different over here!

Saw two 370's on our trip, a dirty white one in Northern Burgundy and a black north of Rouen, didn't get an acknowledgement to my flash.

If it was post-brexit vote, they could have seen you have an english plate and ignored your flash due to the result? :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome photos mate! I'd love to do something like this! Is yours the drop top 370?

Love the safari gold 240z! ;)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Yes that one is mine, she looks lovely in the sun. It was interesting in France as no one knew what it was and as such it got a lot of attention

• Like 1

Awesome photos mate! I'd love to do something like this! Is yours the drop top 370?

Love the safari gold 240z! ;)

Yes that one is mine, she looks lovely in the sun. It was interesting in France as no one knew what it was and as such it got a lot of attention

Does look stunning, it looks like Honda Pirites Black! I have a 350 Roadster. I'd love to trade up!