Hydraulic roof repair

Mikechef370z

I have a 5 year old 370z convertible, roof stopped opening, took it to Nissan to be told it needs a new hydraulic kit (£6000) with 10 hours labour @ £120 per hour.

option b....have the hydraulic part removed and repaired (£300 for the repair) with 10 hours labour @ £120 per hour.

Nissan offering zero good will to me for a car with 19k on the clock.

does anyone have any ideas of where to take this? can i get the repair done cheaper elswhere?

thanks in advance

Mike

I have a 5 year old 370z convertible, roof stopped opening, took it to Nissan to be told it needs a new hydraulic kit (£6000) with 10 hours labour @ £120 per hour.

option b....have the hydraulic part removed and repaired (£300 for the repair) with 10 hours labour @ £120 per hour.

Nissan offering zero good will to me for a car with 19k on the clock.

does anyone have any ideas of where to take this? can i get the repair done cheaper elswhere?

thanks in advance

Mike

Jesus! That is extortionate! I think, depending on your location, I recommend Sly @ Kaizer Motor (www.kaizermotor.co.uk) which is located down in Rochester. Best man for the job imo. I take my 350Z there every year, and I live in Luxembourg!

• Like 1

Take it to an indie to make sure it's actually the hydraulics at fault first as a lot of 370s had wiring loom issues in the hood.

If it is the hydraulics then get it repaired. Probably gonna be half the price of a main stealer.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Agree that is appalling.

Take it to an Indie, I have very little faith in any stealer working on Nissans.

Another member on here with a 350Z roadster has just had an awful experience with a Nissan stealer in regard to a hood mechanism and mine went in 3 times to have a seal changed and each time they replaced the wrong seal, even worse they changed seals that were perfect and did not need replacing.

Finally got the correct seal changed on the 4th visit, fortunately the car is still under warranty so their costs!

Mine will never ever go back to a stealer, P3 now booked at Horsham Developments.

Edited by 370ZRDevon

can you tell me what part of the roof is not working. There are five motors. Its usually the the first op that goes and that the rear window lifting up. It its that, I can fix it for you for about 30 quid.

When you say hydraulic, which part of the roof is hydraulic as its mostly mechanically actuated with motors?