Remote open and close windows

pistonbroke

Just picked up my new toy.... Loving it and pictures to follow. But have a quick question first.

The parking space for my car is quite tight, so I usually in previous cars have the window down to get out, then remote close it with the cars global closing capacity via the fob. But my zed won't play ball. The manual says it should work, I've reset the windows and they all function properly (auto down and drop when open door etc) but I still have no remote functionality.

The manual does say something like "this feature won't work if you have window timer active" I have no idea what this is or anything about it in the manual.

• 4 weeks later...

mine was U.K 2011 and has the feature ?

How did you activate it?

Was it just press and hold unlock on the remote for down?

Edited by Keyser

Picked up my 370Z roadster yesterday and thought the "window on the fob" would be a feature. Like you infinitig37s, I read the "This function will not operate, blah, blah, TIMER, blah, blah, WINDOWS NEED TO BE INITIALISED. Mine is a '10(60). I am going to call my local dealer about getting the steering lock patch done so will see if they can help on specific models and dates with the window issue at the same time.

Okay, so what I did find today through just tinkering was rather neat. As I said previously, mine is a '10/60 roadster so I don't know what VIN numbers or body type combo's this will apply to ...

I have been using the unlock button (request switch) on the external door opener rather than fumbling about in one of ten pockets on my cargo shorts to get to the 'intelligent' fob. This also stops my missus standing on the other side of the car waiting for me to me to remember to press the fob twice to get the passenger door open. She can press the request switch on her side. I went out to the car a earlier and wondered what would happen if I held the drivers side request switch down and to my big grins, it puts the windows down both sides and if I continue to hold....even bigger grins, the hood goes down. I would be surprised if this didn't operate the windows on non-roadsters.

:teeth:

Edited by edenc
  • Like 1