Stillen Y pipe and decat issues

Seijik

Hi guys, just after some advice. I went to change my y pipe to a stillen as the oem flex joints were gone. I got some silenced decats from Tarmac, unsure of brand but look the same as the japspeed ones. The stillen y pipe was also from Tarmac.

However after I had the de-cats on and offered up the y pipe, the flanges are way out of line. about 10mm side to side, and what looks like an incorrect angle as on both sides, one part of each flange is touching and the other side of the flange has about a 10mm gap?! Im reluctant to try and crank the gap together with bolt tension as its a pretty big gap.

Has anyone ever had an this issue?

Got some pics today:

IMG_0770.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

As you can see from the pictures the angle the flange sits at is way off, and when the mid section and one side was clamped up the y pipe fouled on the chassis pretty badly.

Was eventually all sorted though, involved heating the cats up and bending them into position. on the plus side the car now sounds lovely, bit more noise and not too much rasp, still a nice deep tone until you hit 3k on wot.

Edited by Seijik

Can you get any pictures of the issues?

Are you sure the De-Cats are on the correct way around? (just a thought)

Otherwise I know Chris at Tarmac Sportz gives a great service from my own past experiences with him so tbh I'd try asking him to see what he can do about your problem. :thumbs:

I'll get some pics if I get under the car again. I dont think the de-cats can go on any other way, if i swapped side the sensor will foul I think, and I dont think the bolt configuration would match?

I have messaged Chris, havent heard back yet and thought if anyone on here has a solution I could try and get it done over the weekend.

Was eventually all sorted though, involved heating the cats up and bending them into position. on the plus side the car now sounds lovely, bit more noise and not too much rasp, still a nice deep tone until you hit 3k on wot.

Well that's a good outcome then. ;)

Try finding a tunnel to drive through on full WOT and that'll really make you smile. :teeth: Enjoy.