R33 GTST, now a 330D!

GeorgeW

So I was unsure about getting rid of the 350z since March time, and spoke to a few guys about it on the Wales 2016 meet. I decided to keep it to use at our wedding in May, and since then I had been searching for something different..

Enter the 1994 Nissan Skyline R33 GTST. I met the chap on Saturday at Cheshire Oaks - midway for both and let the girlies go shopping when we spoke 'boring stuff'. We took both cars out one at a time, and had a good look around both. We went to Mcdonalds and decided we were both happy, and did a straight swap. I personally thing this is probably worth more, with bigger mods, including a recent paint job.

I was very nervous driving this car, it feels completely different to my 350z, its 22 years old now, and have never driven anything with an aftermarket clutch (this has a stage 3) so is quite unforgiving.

Looking back at my car drive away I was unsure if I had done the right thing, But that all went away when I started to drive it. What a fun car! Tons of personality and it quickly proves whey people love them. People ask me which car I prefer to drive, and its an odd one - The 350z is a 'comfy' drive, nice heated seats, easy to drive all day etc, but this is brutal, loud, rude, and alive.

So on to the important list.

1994 Nissan Skyline R33 GTST.

Imported from Tokyo in 2005.

109600 on the clock, a mix of both.

Converted to MPH.

Full folder of receipts, remap dynos, and import documents to back it all up.

Currently on 0.9bar, and running just shy of 340bhp.

Laserline cat 1 alarm and immobilizer fitted.

Tourino steering wheel with quick release boss.

Corbeau seats, finished in black leather and red stitching.

Apexi FC commander.

Full respray in Audi Narda Grey and gloss black.

Carbon Fibre bonnet

Carbon Fibre boot lid

Carbon Fibre spoiler

R32 GTR intercooler

Dump valve

Strut brace

Japspeed type 1 full exhaust system with decat

Window tints on the rear

There are a couple of little issues to amend - its in the garage to replace a leaky pipe on the active diff, and details like the gear knob doesn't fit the car, so ordered one that does!

Garage also had a look below deck and its in good shape there as well, which is nice piece of mind.

The first thing I did was remove all the bumper stickers (2x on each window, some on the spoiler, rear bumper and fuel cap - all gone now :) ) and a full wash and clay on Sunday - It began to rain before I could glaze and wax.

The tyres badly needed replacing, and since I am not a fan of the (badly sprayed) 350z touring wheels, I decided to order some new wheels to suit, with nice tyres. I found a bargain on eBay for some Rota Touques resprayed in candy red, with Yokahama tyres - practically new as well, hopefully arriving this week.

So without any more yapping on, here it is:

4_zpslvqvufmk.jpg

And the only one I have from the back, is my daughter playing with the spoiler!

5_zpsfzsrthko.jpg

Cheers

George

Edited by GeorgeW
  • Like 2

Beaut!

Rota Torques would look perfect on there - I think I'm way too paranoid to do a straight swap, actually any kind of swap.

I just think that the other person would have a hidden problem and just wants to get rid haha :lol: :lol:

Beaut!

Rota Torques would look perfect on there - I think I'm way too paranoid to do a straight swap, actually any kind of swap.

I just think that the other person would have a hidden problem and just wants to get rid haha :lol: :lol:

Yes well that was why I have taken it for a good look over at the garage, but so far it seems to check out. I guess its no different to selling your car and buying their car separately, just a whole lot easier!

Yeah cheers guys, I agree, I'm still unsure about the two tone paint job, I would prefer just grey, but it's growing on me, and I think the wheels will make a big difference.

The diff pipe issue has been sorted, so all is well with the car now, just need to get used to it, then I will look at upping the power to around the 400bhp mark

Still miss my r33. Not as much as I miss my zed to be fair

Glad you're changing the wheels. I think losing the black would also improve. Just doesn't flow with the 2 tone wheels, 2 tone paint, bgw, black rear light surrounds and blue tow hook

I think a nicer front bumper would help add some aggression, the standard gtst bumper doesn't do the skyline justice. I had a top secret front bumper, 400r sides and rear, gtr spoiler

How you finding the drive and interior compared to the zed?

It has been on the dyno, It wasnt in my ownership, but I have the paperwork etc from it.

well the tow hook is now red, but I don't think I'm going to leave it on, its a little 'civic' for my taste.

Yeah more aggression would be nice, still need to get the front reg plate fitted to minimize issues with cops etc.

The drive is quite different, I prefer the seating position in the zed, and obviously the heated seats in the cold! But the R33 is much more alive and a much funner drive! I dont do massive miles in it so its not uncomfortable.

Absolutely, it gives this car so much charisma, I'm going to try and record the BOV, I haven't heard one like it yet, its no the typical 'tssshhhh' its more 'pawrrrrrrr' if that makes sense.

full marks if you made those noises out loud :lol:

• Like 2

I'm not sure what one is in this, I havent had a chance to get in and clean up the engine bay yet, waiting for a nice day, i will find out then

Definitely want some pictures please once you get under the bonnet. :teeth:

Can't beat a nice BOV imo. Had HKS before on my old Impreza & currently got a Forge one on the S3. B);)

yeah I made a start at cleaning the bay up yesterday, but my god the dust is thick! going to need to step it up a gear.

And turns out the BOV is Forge :)

Wheels arrive at lunch today so photos later!

just been reading your thread actually, id love to see how different the GTR is, mine is pretty nippy as it is!

No I don't like the touring wheels on it, needs something more aggressive for the looks I think. only about half an hour away from the Rota's now, but its f*****g raining! :rant:

I had some touring wheels on mine before my new set came through and it actually looked decent with them on. It did help they weren't black and yellow :lol:

I don't think I have a pic il check

• Like 1