Best MPSS prices

ASemper

Asda, using the magic code you can find on the internet. Think I paid about £250 fitted a few months ago from them.

I think the magic code is 1430 then any 7 digits of your choice and get's you 10% off - worth googling though rather than taking my word for it! :)

I got mine from ASDA last week they were £545.19 fitted for all 4.

They were fitted today by Setyres. I took an hour to fit then another hour to argue the price as the garage didn't want to honour the price... :bang: .

Took 3 phone calls to ASDA to get it sorted. ASDA were brilliant about it. The guy behind the desk at the garage though... He needs some anger managment lessons.

The ASDA code is 140 then 7 random numbers in the coupon box. Its 10% off all sales

Edited by Randy_Baton

If the deals are really cheap might be worth calling them and finding out how old the tyres are. Some can be up to 2 years old before you have them fitted which might be ok for now but not if they bring the five year rule into the mot. ( unless you always wear them out in a couple of years)

Just a thought that`s all

If the deals are really cheap might be worth calling them and finding out how old the tyres are. Some can be up to 2 years old before you have them fitted which might be ok for now but not if they bring the five year rule into the mot. ( unless you always wear them out in a couple of years)

Just a thought that`s all

Good point. I got my last set of MPSS from Costco - good price and they were pretty much fresh off the tree..

• 3 weeks later...

Looking at tyre websites today, Asda would've been the cheapest if the 10% discount code had worked; it's now expired, doh!

Anyone have a current discount code for any of the tyre websites?

Edited by Oversteer

Looking at tyre websites today, Asda would've been the cheapest if the 10% discount code had worked; it's now expired, doh!

Anyone have a current discount code for any of the tyre websites?

I just tried the ASDA code and it worked today. I used it myself a month ago but picked I picked it up from a thread that was a few years old!

You have to enter in by clicking the 'ASDA Key (Optional)' button on the booking details tab (step 4)

The code I entered was 1401234567.

If that doesn't work the only thing I can think is that is a regional or fitter based discount. I live in Brighton and just selected Halfords as the fitter.

• Like 1

Thanks Randy_Baton :thumbs: I tried a few random 7 digits after the 140 in the Asda key box; didn't try 1401234567!

They're out of fronts now and the online sales advisor told me it could take up to 6 weeks to get more in; at least I know a working code when they're back in stock!

The silver lining to Asda running out front MPSS stock overnight is:

Two rear 245/45/18 MPSS Asda fitted: £279 incl the 10% discount

Two front 225/45/18 MPSS Tyreleader: £240 delivered

Last night, the fronts at Asda were £164 before discount, so £295 for both fitted incl discount; Tyreleader plus fitting works out about £20 cheaper.

Tyreleader are selling the rears for £143, so are more expensive than Asda fitted incl discount. So the mix & match works out best either way; cost wise anyway - hopefully the fronts will be delivered in time for my scheduled rear tyre fitting!

Edited by Oversteer

Good shout choptop :thumbs:

Looked at Costco & considered signing up as a member; currently £60 off 4 x Michelin tyres (17th June - 27th July)

No stock currently of the 245/45/18. Cheap fitting incl nitrogen; £8.40 all in!

Edited by Oversteer

I'll try Costco when I next need tyres, but no-one has mentioned camskill.co.uk, I have been buying tyres from them for years as I have a local garage who can fit them for me and they always work out so much cheaper than almost everyone else!

Do people have issues with them or just not found them?

I'd forgotten about camskill!

Looked at them a few times over the years. Only thought of websites with 'tyre' in the name (I'd forgotten some of them but my browser reminded me!). This thread and the other one I've just seen in the General section, highlighted that Asda do tyres (& the deal-breaking 10% code), was also surprised that Amazon sell tyres too!

Camskill aren't far off Tyreleader's prices and without the occaisional reports of tyres being lost in the post!