Mechanical security

Jordz

Hi all what's everyone's preference for security, I'm currently fending off potential thieving T***s, unfortunatley, a garage is not an option and secure lock ups are a little few and far between, I've just purchased a reasonably priced cctv system, gone for a clutch pedal lock thing and a steering wheel lock, the police have been informed and the car as the usual alarm/Imob. Other than standing and waiting in the hedge row each night I think I've covered all bases :( I just wondered what other tried and tested methods people have used? I appreciate if the ba****ds want it bad enough no amount of security is going to stop them :(

Thanks all!

My 350z is my second car so is parked up on the drive for days at a time.

I have a telescopic steel bollard at the end of the drive, put up nightly, dislok and a small wheel clamp. If someone is hell bent on steeling a car, it's gone but you can't make it easy for them. Visual deterrent is your best bet, indicating time, effortot and a lot of noise have it away.

IMG_20151128_100112_edit_zpsuza7hu6n.jpg

Edited by davey_83
  • Like 1

Alternatively, you could purchase a tiger cub on the black market, train and raise it, then allow it to live inside your Zed. I'm sure that would deter thieves. :D

On a more serious note, I used to have a neighbour in Cheltenham who owned an RX-7. The alarm system he had was pretty trick because I simply wanted to take a closer look inside it, put my head near the window to look inside, and the bloody thing made quite a loud beeping noise basically to warn me away from the car. That could always work just to notify you if someone/something is near to your car!... that is, if you are in ear-shot of it.

Alternatively, you could purchase a tiger cub on the black market, train and raise it, then allow it to live inside your Zed. I'm sure that would deter thieves. :D

On a more serious note, I used to have a neighbour in Cheltenham who owned an RX-7. The alarm system he had was pretty trick because I simply wanted to take a closer look inside it, put my head near the window to look inside, and the bloody thing made quite a loud beeping noise basically to warn me away from the car. That could always work just to notify you if someone/something is near to your car!... that is, if you are in ear-shot of it.

I've heard of this, anecdotally 'friend-of-a-friend' sort of thing. The alarm spoke and told you that you were too close to the vehicle and to step away. Needless to say kids loved it and mucked about near the car all the time and it's just asking to be keyed. Maybe a beep is less antagonistic.

Really though, even silly amateurs know that modern cars can't simply be started with a screwdriver any more so there isn't much point going potty on clamps IMO. Never leave anything on display at all, nothing, keep the wing mirrors in and that's about all you can do I think.

the vehicle is used as a daily, ive considered the wheel clamp, the ones available look a bit crap, yours looks quiet heavy duty, the proximity sensor alarm is good idea. as for where we lie,you can get thieving gits in any area :) and the bollard, sinkable ones yes its been mentioned before! Thanks Davey