Wheel Medics - Refurbed my alloys *Before and After* (Chrome lips too)

jbrunouk

Afternoon All..

I have to endorse a company called Wheel Medics based in West London, their website is http://thewheelmedics.co.uk/

I bought my wheels from a member on here, the wheels Vertini Hennessy 20" alloys, which are diamond cut with a chrome deep dish lips. I bought them with corrosion which was quite bad but could be refurbed, but having to share my car with the Mrs and seeing the wheels get badly kerbed, I mean badly kerbed with bad grazes into the chrome and ripple effect in places to the lips. I needed to get them refurbished.

I went to many companys for about 3months... everyone telling me they can not be refurbished, as chrome dish cannot be refurbished back to a polished mirror finish, due to the kerbing and guages in the chrome!!!! The only option would be to either cut the chrome lip off the alloy wheel, buy entirely new lips (from Vertini) and place them on, or refurbish the lips by smoothing then either painting or diamond cut the lip but either way i lose the mirror finish.

I called wheel medics and spoke to Sunny the owner. He inspected the wheels and told me what could and could not be done.... the end result is just brilliant. He has managed to machine polish the chrome lips so the gauges are gone, flattening the polishing the ripples in the chrome lip also!

A brilliant job and I would highly recommend, he can supply replacement wheels while your car is there also so, brilliant service!

So anyone with any wheels need doing, give him a call.

(BEFORE) pics:

20160512_104345_zpseybsjb0t.jpg

20160512_104349_zpsgh1jmh6a.jpg

20160512_104438_zps5oczxjlz.jpg

20150222_123614_zpstchaykko.jpg

20160512_104422_zpsotmrrh0k.jpg

IMG-20160602-WA0005_zpsdsthugex.jpg

(AFTER) pics:

IMG-20160609-WA0009_zpsllt2ndm8.jpg

IMG-20160609-WA0010_zpstyfp17ui.jpg

IMG-20160609-WA0011_zpstd3rh6ak.jpg

IMG-20160609-WA0012_zps87qufdhl.jpg

IMG-20160609-WA0013_zpsf0idkehm.jpg

Edited by jbrunouk
  • Like 1

Nice work, what was the cost per wheel to refurb.

I had to pay £420 which also included sorting two of the wheels which had buckles on the inside edges that he showed me so hey...

The chrome lip refurbishment he would have done for £35 a wheel but the diamond cutting was the exepensive bit.

For protections i have chemical guys wheel guard and autosol polish for the chrome.

Edited by jbrunouk