UPREV upgrades_350Z_370Z

Mark@Abbey m/s

Can you get pops and bangs on supercharged zed? as thats the only thing i miss now haha

yep can add it to any car with a UK DE it cant be turned off , you have to tickle the throttle to make it pops and bang so not touching the throttle will stop the noise

• Like 1

Can you get pops and bangs on supercharged zed? as thats the only thing i miss now haha

yep can add it to any car with a UK DE it cant be turned off , you have to tickle the throttle to make it pops and bang so not touching the throttle will stop the noise

I'm sold ;) will be in touch soon for the "upgrade" ;)

• Like 1

Thats the only problem, i wouldnt want it permanently :)

You need to add some throttle to enable the popping and banging so slowing down with no throttle means no pops and bangs.

Thanks

So it's possible to drive around without it popping and banging? Also would it compromise power?

Thats the only problem, i wouldnt want it permanently :)

You need to add some throttle to enable the popping and banging so slowing down with no throttle means no pops and bangs.

Thanks

So it's possible to drive around without it popping and banging? Also would it compromise power?

Yes and No

Look like the DE boys can have Launch control.....

Whats changed??

Uprev have managed to find enough space in the Eprom to get the launch set up in but not enough space for the multi maps.

So would it be controlled with throttle input? Edited by Alex350z

Whats changed??

Uprev have managed to find enough space in the Eprom to get the launch set up in but not enough space for the multi maps.

So would it be controlled with throttle input?

yes only on the overrun. All to do with setting up the axis's on the fuel /ignition maps

Whats changed??

So would it be controlled with throttle input?

yes only on the overrun. All to do with setting up the axis's on the fuel /ignition maps

If you had pops and bangs mapped in, would it pop and bang when it holds the revs using launch? :)

Okay

Pops and bangs is on overrun.

Launch control is at full throttle.

Until today when I spoke to UpRev the UK DE cars have always had issues with ROM space that's why you can have 5 maps on a UK DE car and us tuners can't live map these cars. UpRev programmer told me today there is enough room in the ROM to get the launch control code in.

So you UK DE guys can have launch control. But I am think on cars with multi maps you can have a choice to have the launch on and off maps (via cruise control)

Hope that's makes it all a lot easier to understand

Edited by Mark@Abbey m/s
  • Like 2

In my racing days pops and bangs on the over run mean that there was either an air leak in the exhaust or the carburation was way out. :teeth:

Can throttle response off-idle be mapped in various ways too?

I'll be looking for smooth linear progressive power to push me out of the corners on the car's limits, rather than an on/off switch with max power coming in with a bang and upsetting the handling.

Okay

Until today when I spoke to UpRev the UK DE cars have always had issues with ROM space that's why you can have 5 maps on a UK DE car and us tuners can't live map these cars. UpRev programmer told me today there is enough room in the ROM to get the launch control code in.

So you UK DE guys can have launch control. But I am think on cars with multi maps you can have a choice to have the launch on and off per chose able maps (via cruise control)

What if you don't have cruise control?

Abbey mapped the pops and bangs onto my car earlier in the year, not sure if I was the first to have it done?

Needless to say on the test run with Mark it sounded awesome feathering the throttle and I can recently confirm after a good run in flame spitting from both tailends :lol:

I have an inside cabin dashcam, I'll see if the footage picks up the sound

• Like 1

Okay

So you UK DE guys can have launch control. But I am think on cars with multi maps you can have a choice to have the launch on and off per chose able maps (via cruise control)

no launch I am afraid as the ACCEL/RES toggle is used to adjust the launch RPM

Okay

no launch I am afraid as the ACCEL/RES toggle is used to adjust the launch RPM

Damn it :(

Will have to settle for pops and bangs then.

• 2 weeks later...