Z badge fitting

Rusey

It's REALLY easy to do yourself.... safest way I would say is to heat the badge with a hair dryer (or do it on a warm sunny day). Then use either fishing line or dental floss to saw underneath the badge. This will cut through the glue and the badge will fall off. Then just clean up the area thoroughly and place the new badge on it. :)

I did this the other day and I can't be trusted to swap the oil so its fairly easy.

When I say easy, you have to try really hard to damage the car or what have you, but it took me about 1h 30m to remove all the fecking gunk from the badges and the area,

Clean it up and then apply the one ones.

I'm not sure what the best stuff to remove the glue is... Maybe someone could advise?

Easy mod. As others have said, heat with hairdryer and run some fishing line or dental floss behind the badge and its job done. You may need to file down a bit under the front badge to get the new one flush.

Come on buddy, have a go. You cant do any damage. Modding is going to be very expensive if you don't do the simple stuff yourself. Try the rear badge and your confidence will grow. You wont damage it with a hairdryer and fishing line I promise.

DIY....Next you will be taking it to a garage to change your windscreen wipers! My little sister replaced her own badges the other week :scare:

Doing your own mods is part of the fun, you'll get a real sense of achievement.

Plus a garage won't care about your car as much as you when it comes to mods like this.

• Like 2

Can any one advise the easiest and safest way to change my magic tree from my central mirror. I do not want to run the risk of having to remove the whole mirror assembly nor risk cracking the windscreen. Should I just take it to Nissan. I've had an estimate for the work done which is £ 375.00 but in fairness that is inclusive of vat and a free smell warranty of four full weeks. Please help a fellow owner.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

To be fair, I can understand why he is a bit reluctant to try it himself if he is completely new to this, and not very "hands on". I wasn't either when I bought my zed... but I changed the badges up myself, just as long as you do it in a meticulous way and be careful, take your time, you'll have no problems at all. :)

One thing I noticed is that I'm often far too gentle when doing something DIY with the zed... trust yourself and you'll be fine :thumbs:

Just be careful if you have a roadster. On the rear, the paint may just come off in a big chunk despite how careful you are, I believe it's because the bootlid is plastic. This happened to me, most infuriating.