Midnight Blue 350z HR

So, following the, er, demise of the black DE, I went out and got this:

20160502_212653_zpsbzitrlcm.jpg

Overall in good condition - a few minor dings and scratches, but nothing out of the ordinary. Roof could do with a respray in the not too distant future as it as the signs of rust just starting, but nothing urgent.

PO had put an Invidia Gemini trual dual exhaust, which sounds good and is a lot more restrained than my previous set up - makes for a nicer motorway drive, but tunnels just aren't the same!

A couple of weekends ago I swapped over my brakes (got rid of the crappy OEM stuff, back to DBA and Hawk) and also swapped the OEM springs out for Tein S Tech - a great improvement, and hardly scrapes at all.

20160528_192546_zpsqjmivdue.jpg

20160528_192531_zpsafx1cllt.jpg

Currently part way through installing my old headunit, can't believe how people can live with the OEM unit.

I've also just had 4 MPSS fitted - the fronts were near enough shot and 370Ad pointed out that the last owner had fitted 245/40/R18 MPSS on the rear (only fitted a few months ago). So despite being pretty much brand new, they got replaced.

Not going to go ultra mad on this one, I'll see how the exhaust goes, might fit decats, sort out the rest of the ICE (reverse camera to add too) and fix the busted side skirt (bodged on by someone previously as they broke some of the clip housings). Bumper reflectors need tinting too.

I may also rip out the now redundant OEM sat-nav, but not sure whether to replace it with a cubby hole, or do a tablet install. Would have to do something with the buttons if I went down the tablet route though.

Next stop, Le Mans!

Edited by GreenLandy
  • Like 3

That's great GreenLandy. B)

If you're not worried about the MOT emissions test then definitely get some Berks De-Cats or similar on there, ...will turn that Invidia exhaust system into a real howler. :evil:;)

Emissions aren't an issue, it's the drone on motorways and also the sub-3000 revs looking like a bit of a knob that I'm glad to have lost!

That's great GreenLandy. B)

If you're not worried about the MOT emissions test then definitely get some Berks De-Cats or similar on there, ...will turn that Invidia exhaust system into a real howler. :evil:;)

Emissions aren't an issue, it's the drone on motorways and also the sub-3000 revs looking like a bit of a knob that I'm glad to have lost!

My Zed was a DE (also FI) but I never had any drone from my Invidia/Berks De-Cats system set up imo. I wouldn't say it was too loud below 3K rpm either really although everybody hears things differently.

I did however break the noise restrictions at Castle Combe once or twice when at the top of the rev range on full WOT at my last track day.