Annoying Rattle coming from the boot.

Jay

Hey guys was driving today when i started to hear the most annoying rattle coming from the boot area. I have had a quick look and cant find anything. Has anyone had a similar prob if so how do i fix it lol! Cheers jay

Checked under the poly whatsit bits in the boot for a wheel lock key or something?

Or could be a clicky drive shaft.... Also try giving the plastic covers a bang as they can sometimes pop off...

Want to tell us more about the type of rattle? Or even a video clip!

Checked under the poly whatsit bits in the boot for a wheel lock key or something?

Or could be a clicky drive shaft.... Also try giving the plastic covers a bang as they can sometimes pop off...

Want to tell us more about the type of rattle? Or even a video clip!

I dont think its the drive shaft, must be something silly, its only when i go over 40mph, i will give the covers a quick smack and hope for the best. cheers dude

Hey guys was driving today when i started to hear the most annoying rattle coming from the boot area. I have had a quick look and cant find anything. Has anyone had a similar prob if so how do i fix it lol! Cheers jay

Jay - just search for "rattle" on here and you'll find loads.

It could be anything from the cross brace to the remote boot lid release fittings to the small tonneau cover. Both my Zs have done this at one time or another and it becomes a real adventure to track it down.

Jay - just search for "rattle" on here and you'll find loads.

It could be anything from the cross brace to the remote boot lid release fittings to the small tonneau cover. Both my Zs have done this at one time or another and it becomes a real adventure to track it down.

Thanks for the advice mate really appreciate it! If i find what it is, i will let u kno lol

Trial and error is the only way to fix these things. I will say however that it can be pretty difficult to pinpoint on your own, take a passenger and get them to do all of the work for you..!

The only other way around this one, it's extreme, but it may be the only cure for the rattly Zed :scare:

1. Purchase 47 cans of expanding foam.

2. Fill the entire cabin area and boot with expanding foam

3. Book a month off work

4. Now spend time carving out a seating position, a porthole to look through, and perhaps even some luggage space.

It's the only way to be sure :)

Trial and error is the only way to fix these things. I will say however that it can be pretty difficult to pinpoint on your own, take a passenger and get them to do all of the work for you..!

The only other way around this one, it's extreme, but it may be the only cure for the rattly Zed :scare:

1. Purchase 47 cans of expanding foam.

2. Fill the entire cabin area and boot with expanding foam

3. Book a month off work

4. Now spend time carving out a seating position, a porthole to look through, and perhaps even some luggage space.

It's the only way to be sure :)

God i think i will just learn 2 life with the rattle, plus the bose sound system is normally blasting out :teeth: