My search for a 350zed horrendous

thomt93

So... Ive been looking for a 350 for a few weeks and just went to see one in Swindon. The ad for this described it in good condition and a credit to its former keeper... The car was a 2004. Back, 80k miles priced at 6.5k.

The car was awful there wasn't a panel on it without bad damage and I mean even the windows had deep grazes on them! Alloys where completely destroyed and chunks of the 'new' tires where hanging off. they had also failed to advertise the huge dent in the roof holes in the door stills and paint cracks and bobbles every where!! Poor zed 52d58429072e9d0bf63a8ec69ea9eec4.jpg

76049f81e60f33b641d72c4ab25dfb31.jpg

1708f94a85c3d53f48d959e664d26f3a.jpg

92f7567b24099a20572f487cac61333f.jpg

83765b2c73e406439cb5707242e3b9af.jpg

65da946f019d0390af5cc1a608545ae4.jpg

8cf5606c776b8e3cff315eb470e75c11.jpg

4f8bf5ad3203d17095563ba1aa5b4561.jpg

b51813e50eeb1f9f726b3d4f6a42cc89.jpg

cd75925c8b1c9cf4a8958aabaf9b64bd.jpg

c684e67312d948ea7341530c6f303d86.jpg

b97cc801aa3860cc83000e5362c74339.jpg

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

could do with a bit paintwork, wheel refurbs, dent removals & interior panels haha if it was the right price it wouldnt be so bad.

Keep searching, i've seen some tasty ones on ebay today myself (just being nosy as I already have one)

There was a gunmetal 55 plate with 60k on the clock & orange leather for £6,995 or £6,495 (cant remember)

I came across some monstrosities when I was searching, particularly aftermarket bodykits which were chipped and cracked to pieces.

That headlight/ bumper gap is standard by the way ;)

I just couldn't believe how someones treated this poor zed and i also couldn't believe the condition it was in for the price. I was thinking about asking them for a really cheap deal but honestly the way the gaps are and certain panels are it looks like its taken impact at some point.

could do with a bit paintwork, wheel refurbs, dent removals & interior panels haha if it was the right price it wouldnt be so bad.

Keep searching, i've seen some tasty ones on ebay today myself (just being nosy as I already have one)

There was a gunmetal 55 plate with 60k on the clock & orange leather for £6,995 or £6,495 (cant remember)

I came across some monstrosities when I was searching, particularly aftermarket bodykits which were chipped and cracked to pieces.

That headlight/ bumper gap is standard by the way ;)

Standard yeah but the way i could move it like rubber wasnt ;)

What you got to consider, if the bodywork is in that sort of state, not looked after. What about the running gear. You're right to walk away. Especially at that price. There's better out there just be patient.

• Like 1

Do yourself a favour and buy from a member off this forum, at least then you will have good chance that it's been cared for by an enthusiast and you will also have a good chance of seeing their mods and build thread and any issues it may have had as usually forum members will post up to get info on a problem with their car.

For sale link here

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/51-zeds-for-sale/

Edited by Irn Bru

Do yourself a favour and buy from a member off this forum

Yeah, do this.

Now who around here is selling one, I wonder... :lol:

Nice car and the right colour. Little out my price range though :0 sorry buddy

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

keep looking, unfortunately no zeds are perfect and thats the risk with used cars. The owner is probably thinking it will cost x amount to bring it back to a good standard. By then he lost out 2-3k etc. It looks like he hasnt spent anything on it though.

Perfect Zed expect to pay around 7k plus.

Remember mechanical condition matters the most, but right to walk away on this occasion

Edited by GranTurismoEra

If you are not in a hurry I would have a very good car for sale later next month.

It's 50k miles on a late 2003 and full UK GT spec car.

The car was an ex show car with a correct supercharger and many extras but it's been fully brought to OEM completely including a new low mileage engine, full respray to a Nissan color of the buyers choice. The undercarriage was fully stripped by the previous owner and powder coated so it's rust free. I have carefully source all the best OEM parts that needed swapping back from aftermarket parts so it will be like a time capsule. There are extra like an HR bonnet thrown in and a gloss black roof to make it stand out.

Send pm if contacted but once it's ready it will be on here fs and Ebay/AT/PH etc.

I saw a few lemons before I found mine, and even it wasn't perfect. Nothing I couldn't sort myself though.

One was priced at £4000, so I wasn't expecting a show car, but wow, it was a pile of junk. I test drove it though as I'd never driven a zed before, ha. The guy was pretty pi**ed off when I walked away. My friend who was with me told me he would have slapped the money out of my hands if I'd tried to buy it!

Hold out for the right car - you and your bank balance will regret it otherwise!