Japanese Performance Show - 21st Aug.

14N

I will be heading down from Yorkshire so wrong side for me also. First car show ive been to. I need to get this new da polisher in action this weekend to get rid of as many marks as poss so as not to show myself up too much.

May need to park behind someone and just poke one of my new SSR wheels out ðŸ‘ðŸ»

So far it looks like it might just be me and Davey meeting at the Holiday Inn Express just off the M40 then (you're still not getting a cuddle pal).

But for you guys heading from the other direction, would it be an idea for you to meet up, or are we looking to just meet up there?

Some details were adddd to the FB page earlier. Here's the post (below).

*** IMPORTANT EVENT INFORMATION ***

** PLEASE READ IT ALL **

*SAT NAV*

THE EVENT IS HELD AT STONELEIGH PARK, KENILWORTH, COVENTRY.

WHEN USING A SAT NAV, PLEASE USE POSTCODE

CV8 2LG.

PLEASE DO NOT CLICK THE FACEBOOK LOCATION LINK TO OPEN THE DESTINATION IN YOUR MAPS AS IT DIRECTS YOU TO THE WRONG LOCATION.

PLEASE ENTER IT IN MANUALLY!

*SPEEDBUMP ON ENTRANCE*

WHEN YOU TURN INTO STONELEIGH PARK, PLEASE KEEP TO THE RIGHT AS THERE IS A LANE SOLELY FOR US TO USE TO MISS THE SPEEDBUMP. THERE WILL BE MARSHALS DIRECTING YOU SO LOOK OUT FOR THEM.

*ARRIVAL TIME*

PLEASE ARRIVE BEFORE 10AM IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO GUARANTEE A SPOT INSIDE THE MAIN SHOW AREA. ALL CLUB STAND AND SHOW N SHINE CARS MUST BE IN AND PARKED UP BEFORE 10AM. YOU CAN ARRIVE AS EARLY AS 7AM. PLEASE DO NOT ARRIVE ANY EARLIER.

*MOVEMENT OF VEHICLES DURING THE SHOW*

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM MOVING YOUR CAR WHILE THE SHOW HAS BEGUN. IT IS A STATIC SHOW. PLEASE ARRIVE AND PARK UP. YOU MAY MOVE YOUR CAR IF YOU HAVE BOOKED A DYNO SESSION. PLEASE RETURN TO YOUR PARKING SPOT ONCE YOU HAVE FINISHED.

THE TROPHIES AND AWARDS WILL BE DONE AROUND 3.30PM. VEHICLE MOVEMENT IS PERMITTED AFTER THEN.

*CASH POINT*

THERE ARE NO CASH POINTS ON SITE SO PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARRIVE WITH CASH.

SEE YOU ALL SUNDAY!

With our ETA we will be fine. Our club stand WILL be indoors. There is another indoor 'main hall' area where the show and shine entrants will be on display.

You should all have your tickets now. Please shout if you haven't.

I think most people will be driving along the M6 and looking to get off at junct 3 to come down the A444. What do we reckon to suite more member if.............

Tesco Extra

Arena Park Shopping Centre

Classic Drive

Coventry

CV6 6LN

8am meet and look to leave @ 8:15

Will get to the venue for the same time as the Holiday Inn Warwick pre meet.

Edited by davey_83
  • Like 1

dont know if its been said but if your indoors you must have NO more than 1/4 of a tank

really? bit of an odd restriction?

To do with Fire hazards i think

Had a panic last night when I sawa similar comment on the event page. A flurry of messages later and all was resolved.

Apparently there's an 'inside' and an 'inside inside'. Our club stand will be 'inside' - the show and shine will be 'inside inside' in the main hall. It is the cars on display in the main hall (show and shine) that MUST have no more than 1/4 of a tank of fuel.

The cars that are on the club stands (such as ours) do not have to meet this requirement - so no need to do donuts in the car park to burn excess fuel guys :drive1: :lol:

• Like 2

Sorry guys won't be able to make this now.

So two electronic e-tickets available

Free to whoever wants them.

PM me with email address and I will email them to you.

Hope you have a good show.

Can I take them please :)

PM me your email address. :thumbs:

Okay, so I hope all your Zed's are clean and shiny for tomorrow :thumbs: Looks like it might rain again tonight, so doubt mine will be by the time I get there. :lol:

Just to confirm my understanding of who's meeting who and where.

I'm meeting up with Max and Jacob at the Holiday Inn Express, Stratford Rd, Warwick CV34 6TW (Just off J15 M40) at 08:00 and leaving at 08:15

No one seems to have taken Davey up with his offer of meeting up the other side of Stoneleigh (I think the offer of cuddles may of put you off), so I'm assuming we'll all just hook up at the show..

Sorry your Z can't make it Lee, but appreciate you still coming along to say hi.

See y'all tomorrow. Have a safe journey :thumbs:

• Like 1

Same here. Aiming to get there for 8:30. Spent 6hrs today using my new da polisher and only managed to do half the car. 2hrs on motorway tomorrow morning will probably render that pointless as well. And spotted a couple of rust spots on front arch lip so will be asking for some advice tomorrow please.

See you all in the morning