Anyone from Yorkshire?

Do you know where the Sun Inn is? Up past Otley? I can see a Yorkshire meet sometime soon.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I don't although having just googled I know roughly where it should be. I like Otley and some of the roads out the back of Otley are a great laugh to drive around.

I'm out near J27 on the 62. Work in Leeds.

I hillclimb the Zed at Harewood for fun most months. Would be great to see some others up there.

No way, I regularly walk around harewood area and often see the hill climb in action from the riverside. Don't think I would be happy to risk my Zed up the hill but always consider going to watch the action a little closer. It's criminal that in the year or so I have lived here I haven't actually attended. When are you next planning on heading over?

I'm up there this Sunday - there's about a dozen cars in the road-going 2-litre-plus class. There's a chap in a V8 M3 that is winning the class every time. I need to find 0.3 sec to catch him...

It's a great day out. Race your guts out for a bit, then sit and watch the classics, racecars and exotics giving it loads :)

• Like 1

I'm up there this Sunday - there's about a dozen cars in the road-going 2-litre-plus class. There's a chap in a V8 M3 that is winning the class every time. I need to find 0.3 sec to catch him...

It's a great day out. Race your guts out for a bit, then sit and watch the classics, racecars and exotics giving it loads :)

I might pop over just as a spectator for an hour or so, if I can find the time. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

It's a tenner on the gate - keeps the riff-raff out. Come and say Hello if you make it.

You'll be seriously tempted to give it a go once you see it.. :scare:

got vids up on bird's youtube channel, search 350z Harewood. :thumbs:

Aye, looked into it before. As I say often sit on the river bank across the field watching and listening from a distance whilst out walking. Got chatting to a guy at a small car show before who competes there in an MR2 and looked into it then. Will come search you out if I do come don't worry. ;)

That sounds great what time does action start and stop? Can't try this weekend as early work flight Monday but would have a go some other time.

They're 9am to 6pm. Some amazing cars there - I'm surprised they let us boring road-goers enter but I'm not complaining. Petrolhead heaven, great views sounds and eh, smells.

The calendar is here.. http://www.harewoodhill.com/

Entry list for Sunday - Class 33 is pretty sexy..

http://www.harewoodhill.com/downloads/pdf/entryLists/jt%20entry%20list%205%20june%202016.pdf

Edited by Kieran O'Quick

We get two practice runs in the morning - then 3 timed competitive runs spread out across the afternoon so every hour or so. Lunch break is 12 to 12.45 so no action to see at that time.

Strange that link works on my old PC? PS. My mate got a Tony Banks exhaust on his MX5 turbo build - few years down the line now and it's still going strong.

If its a nice day I'm tempted top down zorst celebrations 😈 what time do you expect your run? PDF plan of day link didn't open.

Ta !

Did you decide if you were going to head over there? It is a stunning day

If its a nice day I'm tempted top down zorst celebrations 😈 what time do you expect your run? PDF plan of day link didn't open.

Ta !

Did you decide if you were going to head over there? It is a stunning day

Hi can't today it is an ace day though. I'm out of the country from tomorrow so too much to do unfortunately.

No worries. I'm here now, amazing day for it. Went and said hello to kieran, very nice bloke. I arrived just in time for his first run on which he just broke the class record for the course.

Nice to meet you and your lass - enjoyed the chat. I was pretty darn chuffed it must be said so it was nice to share :)

I was pleased for the old Zed to get a record. I'll try to hang on to it as long as possible but it will fall pretty soon I reckon. A Porsche/Aston/Beemer or something boosted will nab it. Or maybe another Zed will.... plenty of you about guys. :boxing:

No worries. I'm here now, amazing day for it. Went and said hello to kieran, very nice bloke. I arrived just in time for his first run on which he just broke the class record for the course.

Nice to meet you and your lass - enjoyed the chat. I was pretty darn chuffed it must be said so it was nice to share :)

I was pleased for the old Zed to get a record. I'll try to hang on to it as long as possible but it will fall pretty soon I reckon. A Porsche/Aston/Beemer or something boosted will nab it. Or maybe another Zed will.... plenty of you about guys. :boxing:

Fingers crossed you keep the M3 behind for a while. My only issue with the day is that grass field played havoc with my undertray, brought some greenery home with me. Nice to meet you too. Do you go up every month? I really enjoyed the day in the weather we had. Could be tempted by a return visit if the weather is similar. Not gettin my nice shiny Zed anywhere near that narrow track though, I couldn't bare the thought of ending up like the MR2

There are one or two pics of you going through the esses, but they are fairly naff phone pics not helped by the sun rendering the screen almost invisible whilst trying to take them. Will see if I can get them up anyway.

Some pics of Kieran in action at the Harewood hill climb. Thoroughly stunning day weather wise. A rarity in Yorkshire I'm sure we can all appreciate. Nothing better than the smell of petrol, rubber and oil in the great Yorkshire country side.

IMG_20160605_162251_zpskjhwyd5q.jpg

IMG_20160605_162253_zpsunz1046w.jpg

IMG_20160605_162254_zpsv9hjviwp.jpg

IMG_20160605_162256_zpszptppef7.jpg

Apologies for quality from phone. Have a short Vid of the run through the same section which I am trying to upload to photobucket now.