370Z GT build thread

low IQ

Hi All

Ive had my Black cherry 370Z GT for 4 months and loving every moment.

After searching for a month I found the one I liked, one owner car sold new serviced and traded back into the same dealer for a new 370Z, bonus it came with all the main dealer guarantees.

image_5.png

image_2.png

Little scuff on the bumper I had painted and a carpark dent repaired the 1st week I had it.

image_7.jpeg

1st show at Japfest

image_3.jpeg

image_13.jpeg

The only thing I could find to buy at Japfest was Auto Finesse polish and cleaning products, I'm amazed by the results

image_1.jpeg

image_12.jpeg

image_14.jpeg

image_11.jpeg

After Japfest and seeing a few modified 370Z's the wife and I really wanted a few modifications 😃. I had a chat with Ben at Rare Rims, 2 days later a set of new Rota grids arrived, I had them painted the same gunmetal grey as the calipers so there's not too many colours going on.

image_15.jpeg

image_10.jpeg

image_9.jpeg

image_8.jpeg

Great to meet lots of owners and the south west group and rep, everyone was very friendly.

Next step, the car is too quiet, after a lot of reading old posts and not able to find the exhaust style I wanted for the 370 I purchased this gem and fitted it today, I need to tweek it 1 inch on the cans for a perfect fit which is being done next weekend but on my 50mile drive home from work I couldnt stop grinning, its now got a really nice deep tone and not raspy at all, I'm very happy with the outcome

image_5.jpeg

image_2.jpeg

image_4.jpeg

I have a few more things I want to get but we're off to the Nurburgring in 2 weeks so will see if I need to order a new bumper on my return 😄 Or the shopping list of carbon goodies.

Hope to meet members and look forward to meeting people at the meets 😃

Cheers Lee

Edited by low IQ
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...

Been a busy few months with work but managed to sneak off for my birthday to the Nurburgring, had a amazing few days without any problems

image_17.jpeg

image_27.jpeg

image_26.jpeg

Had the exhaust re-shaped to avoid the diff, had a centre resinator added and exited the bumper correctly

image_25.jpeg

image_19.jpeg

Looking shiney at the last oc show

image_16.jpeg

After seeing Chris's car on the tarmac stand at Japday, Ive wanted to fit a skirt kit to beef up the car a little, bits started to arrive

image_18.jpeg

Spat had a few cracks but a quick fibreglass repair and now they're all ok

image_20.jpeg

image_21.jpeg

image_23.jpeg

Front skirt arrived from California, amazing fit and quality

image_22.jpeg

image_24.jpeg

More bits to arrive from Tarmacsports before the car goes to paint on Thursday.

Cheers Lee

• Like 1

Thanks chaps, Leosille the car drove without a fault, held the track really well.

My painter cancelled on me, so took the extra couple of days to prep as it now going to my local bodyshop which happens to be the approved Ferrari and Porsche repairer ������.

Ive always liked the usa front bumper look, removed the front number plate plinth and found holes, after a couple of hours its now flushed over and number plate dropped a inch lower.

image_29.jpeg

image_30.jpeg

image_31.jpeg

image_28.jpeg

image_33.jpeg

New side skirt splitters, great quality and quick delivery from Chris at Tarmac sportz

image_35.jpeg

All wrapped up for the next week while the bumpers are at the bodyshop

image_34.jpeg

image_32.jpeg

Bumpers should be back by Friday evening, will be a late night as im off to Japanese performance Saturday to show Sunday.

Cheers Lee

Edited by low IQ

• 5 months later...

Not a huge amount has happened to the car but though it was time for a small update

Had the bumpers painted and took a few pictures

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

Went to Castle Coombe for a track day, loved every minute

IMG_0190.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

Edited by low IQ
  • Like 1

Ive been looking at spoilers and had settled to buy a ducktail, but I really like the rocket bunny and liberty walk spoilers and kits as I plan to buy a moonbeam wide arch kit in th next couple of months so though I'd give a go at making my own spoiler.

This is after 35hrs, I still have another 15-20hours till it's ready to paint

IMG_0311.png

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0380.jpg

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

I offered it up against the car this morning, there was a 1inch gap on the front corners, after 10 minutes of grinding the base it sat with on 2-5mm gaps. A quick skim of Bridger and it now fits with 100% contact on the boot lid. I'm leaving it to set for the day and then I'll continue rubbing down and chamfering the edges.

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0406.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

Cheers lee

Also I had the door handles colour coded, I can't understand why Nissan would leave them silver, very happy with the outcome although they were a huge pain in the arse to refit because of the central locking plug 15cm in the door and only accessible if you have tiny hands.

IMG_0414_2.jpg

IMG_0416_2.jpg

IMG_0415_1.jpg

Small update, after a lot of grinding, sanding and itching over the weekend I now have a perfect and symmetrical fit.

I ground out all the soft/flexible fibreglass and I'll re-fibreglass all the holes and give it a skim tomorrow.

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

Edited by low IQ

Hi chaps,

To be honest I didn't think about drag but after some research I decided to chop the spoiler in half and start again.

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

A primer base coat has highlighted a few bits to shape, but it should be ready for paint next weekend.

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0461.jpg

Cheers lee

• Like 1